A building experience


#1

Hi everyone,
I finished building my zynthian based on the v2 kit on Monday. After having successfully carried out the first checks, I realized that the controllers 1 and 2 did not work.
Since it seemed to me that I had done everything right, I preferred first to contact the Zynthian Project Coordinator because I thought there was some defective component…:disappointed:
Following his answers and valuable suggestions, I re-checked the connections involved in the failed operation of controllers 1 and 2 and discovered that RBPi’s pin 36 (INTA pin) was not perfectly soldered and, under the stress of the connection cable, there was no more continuity . Once the welding is done again, the problem is gone.:smiley:
Now everything works!
I wanted to share this experience to suggest that you check all connections very very carefully.

Sergio


#2

Yep. Good advice. And this is ESPECIALLY true for the AudioInjector 40 pin connector.

(Hi Sergio and welcome to community. BTW: I’m a Sergio too :D)


#3

Wonderful!! Nice to see that my diagnostic was so accurate … jejeje! :wink:
Not always is so simple …


#4

Sometime it happens!! :smiley:


#5

Hello @scorda,

I am very happy to hear this.
Welcome to the community, Sergio and thanks for letting us know the pitfalls you stepped into.
Due to a crappy monitor I had myself some problems with the orientation of the ICs.Thanks to @jofemodo and the other people here that are always willing to help.

Have a nice day and God bless, Marius