A drum sample player in puredata.. Is possible?

Hello, I’m learning Pure Data. Since I can’t find a sample player for Zynthian (it would be a drum sampler, like the Volca Sample, for example), I’ve decided to start looking into how to do it in Pure Data. The idea would be to have a folder with kicks, snares, hats, etc., and to be able to select and load into memory the sample of my choice using the Zynthian controls. I’m not sure if there’s something like this already programmed, but the thing is, I’m very much a noob in Pure Data and it’s going to be hard for me to do it. What do you think I should do? Regards.

I’m currently using PD for the first time to solve a much simpler problem that is not yet sorted out on the zynth, but I recommend watching all of Miller Puckette’s original videos, available here:

I have already made it through the whole series but it was years and years ago, I’m in the process of downloading the series again cause I’m gonna go through it again. I do seem to recall him setting up a sampler of some sort at some point in the series, but mainly the answer is absolutely yes, you can definitely create a sampler with it.

I also think there is a drum machine of some sort already part of the OS, but I haven’t needed that yet so I could not tell you exactly where. :>

There are soundfont players, but they are very limited when it comes to playing drum samples. Then there’s a drum plugin (I can’t remember its name) but it has so many options that it’s very complicated to manipulate the controls from Zynthian. That’s why I wanted something as simple as, for example, having one screen with 4 controls (choose the sample, volume, pitch, and something like a reverse, for example). And like this, have several screens for each sample.

Linuxsampler is a sampler playet. It loads Gig and sf2 (soundfonts) files. It seems not that hard To create, see here:

but @jofemodo is a genius

1 Like