Adapt pd files for Zynthian

Meditadaze.pd (7.1 KB)

Letā€™s take this example, in which begin, stop, metro, metro, seed and slowness should be controlled by the Zynthian.

I only see one metro in the patch and it is controlled with seed. I also had to change the gate 6 object to cyclone/gate 6 . The cyclone externals are included in the zynthian pd vanilla, so Iā€™m not sure why I had to change the object, but at least it works now. I also added a volume control as I include it in all patches. I multiplied the slowness encoder value by 3 so itā€™s current range is 0 to 381. Changing the seed value creates an error: ā€œ$1: argument number out of rangeā€. I didnā€™t try to figure out why but the error occurs on both my windows laptop and the zynthian.

The zynthian control widgets act like midi encoders and send values from 0 to 127. Since start and stop are controlled by bangs, any time the encoder value is changed it will send a bang. Using two labels in the yaml file causes the encoder to display a 0 until the value reaches 63, the halfway point, and from 64 to 127 it will display a 1. Of course as it currently stands, the start can be triggered twice by a slight movement of the encoder without changing the display to 1. Same thing for the Stop encoder, any movement will trigger the stop. I havenā€™t included a method in the pure data patch to only send one bang when the encoder value reaches 64 to trigger the stop. It also needs a method in pd to send 2 bangs to trigger the start when the encoder reaches 64.

While the start and stop encoders work as is, adding objects in pd to make it respond to match the encoders as previously described would make it proper. Iā€™m out of time now, so I will leave this for you to accomplish. Let me know if you need me to give further explanation.
Meditadaze.zip (2.3 KB)

Thanks for your excellent work!

That will be one :face_with_monocle:, Thank you.

The precise implications of quite what this means can be found by bashing the monocleā€™d face goood and hard with your clicking finger! :smiley:

2 Likes

Meaning?

2 Likes

Please record something for usā€¦