And another V5 mounted and running!

Hi all,

I have been lucky enough to catch one of the “special” V5 kit (one of the silver finish enclosure)
Got it yesterday, mounted today and now : two happy Zynthian living side by side in my studio

I have made a video in french explaining the assembly process (like I did for the V3), it’s currently being uploaded to Youtube (I will provide the link here as soon as the transfer is finished)

My good old V3 is now so happy to have somebody to help him with heavy patches (overclocked RPi4 in the V5 is simply a kill compared to the RPi3B+ in the V3 :heart_eyes:)

Benoit

11 Likes

And here is the link :smiley:

5 Likes

C’est super @BEB merci.
Et comme tu as une bonne élocution, la traduction automatique en Anglais marche plutôt bien.
:+1:

1 Like

Salut @le51

Merci de ton retour, c’est toujours bon à savoir que ça pourra aussi servir à des non-francophones :+1:

Benoit

1 Like

@BEB, the video is really good and your explanations, clear and very detailed. :medal_military: :medal_military:

Anyway, i must clarify a little point. I will do with a simple picture:

:nerd_face:

I didn’t say a word about this little piece because i thought it was evident, but i was wrong. I mean you are not the only one that have thought that it’s simply a keyring. I will add a note about it. :grin:

All the best!

5 Likes

BTW, i just added the “Tutoriel de montage Zynthian Kit V5” to the wiki!

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_Box_Building#Video_Guides

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Kudos @BEB

The video is very detailed, and generous enough to provide retrospective information, that you previously earned through trial and error.

While the French language content is quite rich and articulated, at a relatively fast rate of speech, your diction is clean, and sufficiently understandable by romance languages speakers, even without the acceptable automatic English translation.

Thanks, well done!

2 Likes

Ah ah ah ah :rofl:

As often, what is an an evident thing for the designers is in fact totally obscure for many users !

Yes, I had simply no idea of what this thing could be, I even thought during a time it was something to stick somewhere on the enclosure. Good to know I am not the only one who was in this situation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Honnestly, I did not even think about a keyring)

Benoit

3 Likes

And as promised, here is the second video (in french…) showing how to use the new user interface of the V5 :grinning:

https://youtu.be/w25bdRBB9og

((I will check if I can change the soundtrack and make it available in English too)

4 Likes