Anyone else have everything breaks days ...?

Ok so I’m not sure which particular celestial deity I offended yesterday but it was a day of disaster…

So actual plan.

Drill eight holes for momentary switch’s from RS with LED’s

Now given the problems with LED’s from amazon I’d had before , I soak tested these fro two days to make sure they would survive . . .

All good.

So drill the holes . . .

Got out my new 12mm drill from a set bought from Amazon . . .

5 holes in, drilling into wood…

The drill failed and bent . . . Not something I’ve ever seen before but I suspect quality of these drill bits is not of the highest . . . :rage:

Ok so I got out my old 12mm bit and continued to drill the holes…

All very nice. Now to check for look ( Yes, We all do it) I put the screen in with the eight switches …

Looked good.

So I opened the case to look at the switches form the other side. . .
Which is when I heard the crash as the 7" touchscreen, which I’d only installed three days before as it was the one that did reset when the Pi restarted, fell to the ground with the inevitable crazy paving effect . . . :rage: :rage:

So that was an order to RS … £48.00 from them (£68.00 from Amazon) …

So after using the opportunity to actually refine the screen mounting to something more substantial than masking tape and insulating tape, which took a fair old while. I settled down for the evening, for Missus Wyleu to head for the bathroom and press the switch for the bathroom mirror.

Out popped the breaker. With an associated phut…

I tried resetting the breaker : bigger phut…

Given the time and the light level, I left it till this morning and after exhaustive checking… I opened up the transformer that powered the 8 G4 bulbs ( yes those horrid little 12 V bulbs that run at just below the temperature of the sum and need about an amp a piece . . .) . . .

Photo attached of these three objects to allow the zynthian tower rebels to have a mild titter at my expense . . .

All objects now replaced or in the process of being replaced . . . ( Amazon actually stock the very transformer which was frankly amazing… )…

As further hair shirt wearing I supply a picture of myself at a 1996 New years eve fancy dress party . . . .

I deserve it . . .

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t broken a screen in over 6 months now!

Hope that makes you feel better.

2 Likes