Asus Tinkerboard

You shouldn’t need the hifiberry hat as it has 24-bit/192kHz audio audio codec onboard. Also, is the tinkerboard s actually out yet? The Wheretobuy page is a bit lacking.

edit: Found one

2 Likes

I have a tinker board running as a media server/NAS/backup server and took it down this weekend for a bit. I tried a Zynthian Buster image, and it did not boot properly, so the standard .img files will not work for this. Someone would have to start with a good base image, like Dietpi, and then copy/run the zythian setup scripts.

I now have a Rpi4 4g running well in my Zynth rig. That will be the last of my attempts to try to get the Tinkerboard running.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t expect a Tinkerboard to run Raspbian.
The SOC is completely different.

1 Like

Thanks, that is good to know!

Greetings and God bless, Marius

Oops, I should have thought of that. I picked up a few spare 32G SD cards so I guess I may test it out again at some point using some sane starting point.

2 Likes

My flatmate is running Raspbian on a Tinkerboard. Plus, Asus claim that the new Tinkerboard S is to be even more compatible. No idea what is true.

Try with a zynthian SD-image and let’s see :wink:

Flatmate is running unmodified Raspbian on Tinker? I would have expected it would need a Tinker kernel and modules, at least.