Audio Effects unit on zynthian 4

hi, Im trying to use my zynthian as Audio Effects unit, but while im plugging the audio input and output, nothing happen, plus, the 3.5 jack (on your picture should be headphone exit) on the back do not emitt any sound.
is this normal?
where Im failing?

It will help if you give more details on what you’re trying to do and what steps you’ve taken, and what is actually happening.

Does the Zynthian basically work generating sounds?

Yes, I can layer, sequence any midi channel, it produce nice sounds.
When I want to connect other instruments into the 6.5 Jack audio in (either Audio out) no sound detected.
I suppose I have to generate an audio chain. Or what I need to do?
P.s. just noticed that the small 3.5 Jack on the back of my zinthian do not work at all.
Do I need to make some setup that I don’t know?

OK, I’m having some trouble understanding what you said, but, I think you might be helped by this thread:

particularly riban’s last post from August 4 2021, which starts with:
By default the audio inputs are not connected to the outputs. You must insert at least one audio effect which will connect the inputs and outputs. You can change routing in the layer’s option menu. Check out the Layers section of the user manual .

and goes on to provide more details on levels and bass guitar input.

Also, don’t forget to check the ALSA mixer config for the audio inputs: levels & capture mode

Regards.

1 Like

all done, resetted the ALSA mixer level, and audio level are still really low. also no
sound from headphone preview on the back side of my zynthyan case.
what shoud I do?

Did you follow the instructions in the thread pointed to above?:

You must insert at least one audio effect which will connect the inputs and outputs. You can change routing in the layer’s option menu. Check out the Layers section of the user manual .

and

The audio interface used in the Zynthian 4.4 allows a fairly large adjustment of input gain from within the Audio Levels menu. The inputs are labelled ADC Left and ADC Right. On page two there is an adjustment of the configuration of each input. For unbalanced instrument level I set these to VINL2[SE]+VINL1[SE] and VINR2[SE]+VINR1[SE]. This sums the tip and ring of each 3 pole 1/4" input jack. (This also allows connection of unbalanced stereo sources (T+R) to each input and they will be converted to a mono signal.) See Audio Levels in the user manual .

If so, can you provide more details like the effect you chose, perhaps some screen shots showing your settings and the top level of webconf.