Audio fx not loading on chains

Firstly hello everyone I built my first Zynthian this week using a Focusrite 2i4 with a 7inch touch screen mounted on top. I use a maximum overclocked rpi4b cooling it with a jumbo heatsink and a Noctua 60mm fan, my temps are 30c idle and goes to about 45 under load. This setup is fine for my needs and i am absolutely loving my home made Zynth so far.

The only problem I am having is that my audio fx dont load first time on my chains. when this happens no audio fx works on any chain and i have to reload 3 or 4 times to get it to add the audio fx then all the audio fx work until I open the project again.

this is a minor but annoying problem so if anyone has had similar or knows how to fix it i would be pleased to hear from you

many thanks

Hi @togwaggle - What image did you start with? If stable did you do a software update either from the admin menu or webconf?

Hi not sure if the build number as I’m away from home but I remember it was compiled on the 14th of Jan 24. It was a stable release.I updated once at the start in web conf because my cursor was not showing up and I updated from the zynthian a few days ago as I enabled a bunch of synths and tools and thought it might be necessary. Could this be why?

Possibly, but I was asking because if you had not done an update recently I thought it might fix the problem. I haven’t seen or heard about a problem like this.

It’s weird as the snapshot loads them in the restoring state screen but they don’t physically produce effects and this is the same for each fx. If I start a new snapshot the fx will work until I close and load again

I’ve tested a bit more and it only seems to affect the audio file player which is playing wavs from a usb drive. All internal synths seem to retain the effects so it must be the usb loading or the file player. I’ll try some wavs internally and see if that works. It won’t be ideal but better than no fx atall

2 Likes

Hi @togwaggle,

The warmest welcome to zynthianland!

The new testing version “oram-bookworm” has improved quite a bit the audio-player and also the use of external storage. If you don’t need to use zynthian for live performance in the short term, you could consider jumping to the “testing” version. Of course, if you do so, it’s advised to keep your current stable SD-card and using a new one for the testing image.

Finally, some noize from your zynthianic experiments is really welcome too. We use to use this face to ask for your noize:

:face_with_monocle:

You could consider this noisy contribution as a kind of not-mandatory but courtesy payment to this friendly and devoted-to-help community :wink:

In the past we had a person in charge for this task, but he is currently very busy playing electric cajon and beating bells with ancient bones and dissected vegetables.

All the best,

1 Like

You talk about effects not working. Are you saying that a chain with an audio player that has audio effects inserted is not making any sound when loaded from a snapshot? e.g.

```AudioPlayer->Reverb->MainMix->Output `

Have you performed an update from webconf or the admin menu?

Audio player has been used extensively for live performance, relying on automatic loading of snapshot and autoplay so this is not an issue that sold be happening!

You could upload the snapshot for us to review.

1 Like