Avoid midi Clicks?

Hello,

I just downloaded the last version of the zynthian RC3, but i don’t know if this problem is related to this specific version.

When i sent midi information (cc, note…), i hear all the times clicks, even if i use zynthian knobs.

I made a video to show you, even without sounds from plugins i can hear clicks !

I use a 3A power supply, so i don’t think it’s come from that.

Any solutions ?

EDIT :
I partially solved the problem, I removed a audio effect layer and lower the input volume in alsa mixer, and no more clicks, but it’s strange because nothing it’s pluck into my audio input.
So I think it’s not a good idea to use lv2 synth layer and audio input effect layer in the same time.
Do you know where the problem come from ? Thanks !

Please, could you give some info about your hardware (kit version, customization, etc.) and setup (how everything is connected, etc.) ?

Thanks!

Anyway, it smells like a power supply problem. The USB power cable is very important too. You can have the best power supply, but if your cable is not good enough, you will have problems.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks joemodo, always there, the best :upside_down_face:

I didn’t have time to respond, i will do it tomorrow to better explain my problem.

Anyway, i’ve got this one :
https://www.amazon.fr/Aukru-Chargeur-Adaptateur-Alimentation-Raspberry/dp/B07RLG6THK/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=power+raspberry&qid=1600165513&sprefix=power+ras&sr=8-13

I think it’s a good one, isn’t it ?

Why not use the official Raspberry Pi PSU? It works well with a captive cable and seems cheaper than many options suggested by various people.

3 Likes

It seems a good one, but until you test it, you don’t know.
BTW, I hope to offer a power supply on the zynthian shop very soon …

Regards,

This is normally a no-brainer option, of course :wink:

1 Like

I’ve found Pi4’s seem a little bit better behaved on PS requirements than Pi 3’s

I just made a video to explain my issue.
I voluntary put the volume in a very loud way to better understanding. I know we never put the volume at this point but when I put some midi in the zynthian i can hear the clicks even when the sound volume it’s normal.

my problem is : when i add audio fx layer, it’s create midi clicks in my synth layer, without audio fx layer, no more clicks.
Do you think it’s my power supply or something else ?

Thanks, and sorry for my very bad english !