Bridged solder pin

Hello! just got my kit in and putting it together

These two pins on the MCP23017 board are not supposed to be bridged correct? just want to make sure before I remove the bridge. thanks!

I don’t have the CAD program needed to view the official universal board schematic.
One unknown version PDF schematic floating around shows those 2 pins: I2C - A1 & A2 to be grounded as well as A0 (Pins 15-17; all grounded) which would be a legit address setting setting, the easiest to design in default setting,

I can’t speak authoritatively, but it’s not likely to be a smoke generating situation.

Hi @mikeymasonic !

These 2 pins are correctly bridged. The PCB files are published in github, but here is the detail:

Regards,

Thank you both for your help! I should of thought to check the github! I spent a bit of time trying to remove the bridge before anyone replied only to notice that there was a connection on the PCB there, whoops!
I have my Zynthinan all put together and it’s working great. Incredible work by everyone involved, this thing has exceeded my expectations. I had a blast with it and a bunch of midi controllers last night.
I have this looping patch I made in Max matched up with a midi foot switch pedal I built awhile back, I’m going to attempt to recreate it using PureData to see if I can get that rolling which would be really cool for me. This thing is really showing me I don’t have to lug around a laptop everywhere and I’m loving it so far. Thanks again ya’ll!

Such joy! Such effort! and such a complete absence of :face_with_monocle: