Changing preset on Dexed causes audio to drop out

Hi there, I installed the latest image of Zynthian on my Rpi 3 b+ today.
When i load the initial patch i can play it on my usb midi keyboard - Yamaha Reface CP.
But if i change the preset i get a buzz sound for a split second and audio drops out completely.
Midi still works as i can see the letter M flashing in the main screen.
The only way i can get audio back is by remove the chain for dexed and adding it again.
I am using the headphone out on the RPi.

I am using a HDMI monitor and also im connected via VNC as the touchpad on my Logitech K400 does nothing, i cant see a mouse cursor. If you could suggest anything to solve that issue also it would be great.
I plan on getting a touch screen soon.
Best regards,
waveform

Hi @Waveform !

Sorry but i can’t reproduce your issue in stable. Have you updated the software to the last after first boot?

Thanks!

Hi @Waveform!

Welcome to Zynthianland.

Does it really do nothing? I would expect it to be fully operational even if you can’t see the cursor, i.e. if you click when the (invisible) cursor is over something it should select it.

You can enable cursor in webconf INTERFACE->UI Options. Enable Advanced view to show the option Enable cursor. You will need to save and reboot to see this take effect.

If you are using VNC then there may be an option to show a fake cursor (it is available to me in the web based VNC client) but I appreciate that you are only using VNC as a work-around so this is probably not the solution you want.

Ensure the Zynthian has Internet access and as suggested by @jofemodo perform an update from UI Admin menu or webconf. Show us your webconf dashboard screenshot which will give some clues. Hopefully the update will resolve your issue but if not, give detailed step-by-step description of what you do to trigger the issue.

Good luck!

Hi @Waveform a warm welcome in Zynthian’s world

Maybe you suffer because your setup is too weak / use case

• RBPi 3B+ is quiet limited (4xA53, 1G RAM)
  • Dexed is a big horse
  • pwm audio through RBPi headphone is CPU consuming imho
  • and VNC server too (especially if rendering some synth UI I imagine)
  • RBPi can also throttle in some conditions

So far I remember, this can be (de)activated through webconf

Thanks for the replies guys. I did update after installing.
I’m afraid I jumped to a new project since my first post after discovering how affordable mini PCs have become on a YouTube video.
I ordered a mini pc and touchscreen for use with windows 10 / 11, and I’m currently deciding which vst host to buy that is touch screen friendly.
I may revisit Zynthian again the future, sorry if I wasted anyone’s time.
Thanks,
Waveform.