Controller usb/midi MiniMoog

You could certainly try configuring to use onboard sound and see if the problem persists. Is it only Pianoteq that is affected or do other engines exhibit this issue? Do you have VNC enabled? (Try with VNC disabled.) Does the Pianoteq native GUI (seen in VNC) performance graph show issues (indicated by red lines IIRC)?

No, VNC is not enabled. Now I try to configure the internal audio and see if it still does. Otherwise I’ll change the sound card…
It does this with all sounds, not just Pianoteq…

Riban, it’s the sound card… Setting Dummy on Webconfigurator and enabling RBPi Headphones, it doesn’t make the noise…

The seller will replace my card… I will have to be without Zynthian for a few days… :grimacing:

Or use the onboard sound or a USB soundcard if you have one. Don’t let pesky hardware faults get in the way of your art.

It’s good that you have diagnosed the problem and even better that it wasn’t a Zynthian issue :smile:.

Obvious! I couldn’t stay without playing for more than half a day… :wink:

Riban, since you like a challenge… le51 tried to help me but I couldn’t get the touchscreen of my Waveshare 4A display to work… I’m missing some files which le51 patiently pointed out to me.
All this on the post: Waveshare '4A only GPIO touchscreen - #6 by le51

Today I’ve come across a beautiful Moog theremin, I couldn’t resist to post the pictures :heart_eyes:

I won’t torture you with the sound (noise?) of my play :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is mandatory to hear :face_with_monocle::wink:

3 Likes

I have to say the sound card manufacturer was GREAT. He refunded me for the card that was making noise and the new card arrived this morning … Unfortunately, however, the defect is still there … less, but it is. This is strange because the sound card was mounted from the beginning and it didn’t have this problem… I’m starting to think it’s the GPIO of the display… could it be that they have a common pin that creates this defect? It does this with both the Waveshare 4A display and the Adafruit 3.5…

Always for fun I recorded these chords, always those of Pino Daniele, with Pianoteq piano, Omnisphere double bass and MiniMoog… :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

I made a little video where I also mention the Zynthian… thanks Zynthian!

1 Like

Found (used) a 49 key controller for my MiniMoog controller. I have now drawn and am printing the supports.

FINISH!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I’m designing the support structure for the 6 switches that will take the place of the 6 potentiometers. I found the 6 “chicken head” knobs and will try to follow DR Riban’s instructions…

Dear Riban, the commutators with the 2 Kohm resistors… Work perfectly!!!
Many many many thanks.

I ask for yet another help from Riban or anyone who knows these switches. I put 5 switches to 6 positions and for these no problem. But on oscillator 3 you need a 7-position switch… so I took a switch that has 12 pins and is adjustable. Unfortunately I don’t understand how to connect the pins as there are 3 pins that divide the 12 into 3 groups of 4. Thanks for any info

Can you push/pull the button ??
Type the name of your rotary switch with “datasheet” in Google and you will find the internal wiring. It’s hard to tell from a picture and without a multimeter.
If it was me, I will test the A1 to A12 with the multimeter and voila

Ps: some rotary switch have and endstop to prevent going after the 7 of you don’t use the full 12 capacity.

That looks like a 3 pole 4 position switch. You want a 1 pole 12 position switch with adjustable end stop. It would have 12 pins around the edge and a single pin in the middle. It is plausible that your 3 pole switch child be used similarly but you need to use a continuity tester to check which pins make. A continuity tester is often a function of a multimeter but can be made from a battery, lamp and wires

Thanks Wapata and Riban
I’ve already done the tester test, before asking for help. In practice from terminal A you switch 1,2,3 and 4… 5,6,7 and 8 from pin B… 9,10,11 and 12 from pin C… the problem is that when you goes to position B 5, A 1 also goes into closed circuit… I have to look for another switch…

I find this:

Meanwhile, I printed (thanks 3D printer) the waveform module that features three 6-position switches.

The 3 pole 4 position switch is probably designed for that configuration and not to have its end-stops removed. If that is the case I would expect that positions 1-4 would give the same results as positions 5-8, i.e. position 1 and position 5 would have A1, B5 & C9 closed. If this is true then you can’t really use this switch as there is no difference between positions 1 & 5. If however there is a different presentation of closed / open circuit when in each position then it may be possible to use the switch for this purpose.

What you really need is the same type of switch but with one pole and twelve positions. These allow the end-stop to be adjusted to create a one pole ‘n’ position switch where ‘n’ is 1-12 which is what you want. You could use such a switch for each of the panel switches.

This datasheet describes one switch type with lots of configurations. The model I would choose is CK1029 or similar.

2 Likes