Controller usb/midi MiniMoog

Thanks Wapata and Riban
I’ve already done the tester test, before asking for help. In practice from terminal A you switch 1,2,3 and 4… 5,6,7 and 8 from pin B… 9,10,11 and 12 from pin C… the problem is that when you goes to position B 5, A 1 also goes into closed circuit… I have to look for another switch…

I find this:

Meanwhile, I printed (thanks 3D printer) the waveform module that features three 6-position switches.

The 3 pole 4 position switch is probably designed for that configuration and not to have its end-stops removed. If that is the case I would expect that positions 1-4 would give the same results as positions 5-8, i.e. position 1 and position 5 would have A1, B5 & C9 closed. If this is true then you can’t really use this switch as there is no difference between positions 1 & 5. If however there is a different presentation of closed / open circuit when in each position then it may be possible to use the switch for this purpose.

What you really need is the same type of switch but with one pole and twelve positions. These allow the end-stop to be adjusted to create a one pole ‘n’ position switch where ‘n’ is 1-12 which is what you want. You could use such a switch for each of the panel switches.

This datasheet describes one switch type with lots of configurations. The model I would choose is CK1029 or similar.

2 Likes

Thank you Riban… in the meantime I’ve mounted the five 6-position switches and I’m VERY happy because, in addition to working perfectly, the sign on the knob corresponds to the serigraphs on the front… I was afraid of the differences.

Now waiting for the “chicken head” knobs…

3 Likes

The “chicken head” knobs have arrived… I’ll change the one on oscillator 3 as soon as the 7-position switch arrives…

4 Likes

Finish…
it was a twin and breech birth … but I’m happy with the result …

7 Likes
3 Likes

I used the display of a dead pc to have the double display of the MacBook in front of my eyes…
The collars hanging on the wall are those due to the disproportionate growth of my FRIEND Tesla :dog:

6 Likes

You know what ? I come back to your topic some times and… You’ve done a wonderful device here !

And now for the embarrassing question : do the screen help to something?

1 Like

Thank you Wapata,
The display only serves to have Arturia’s MiniMoog in front of my eyes … nothing in particular, just a convenience when I use the laptop (white MacBook) with the MixBus DAW. In the recording room I’m used to having the iMac monitor side by side with another monitor and seeing everything without overlapping windows… and then I like to recycle and not throw away useful objects.