Controlling UI from MIDI controller - SELECT action doesn't work as expected

hi to everyone,

I’m pretty new to zynthian but I’m in love with it! I’ve built a custom kit with rpb 3 (not the best but I’m very close to upgrading it!), screen (without touch atm), and innovation zero sl for control.

here’s the problem:

I’ve managed to set all the novation sl buttons with the right midi note number following the wiki Zynthian UI Users Guide - ZynthianWiki and everything is great except for the SELECT button, I’ve set two different controllers just to see if the problem was the novation but nope, SELECT does not work with midi. so sad, how can I fix it?

51 SELECT D#3

ps, if I use a standard pc USB keyboard select (assigned to enter button) works just as imagined

2 Likes

Hi @gabrythe23!

This “SELECT” CUIA is not what you are looking for. It’s intended for changing the cursor position in a list It also takes the “velocity” as parameter (positioning index).

What you are looking for is the “SWITCH_SELECT_XXX” CUIAs:

65 SWITCH_SELECT_SHORT => F4
66 SWITCH_SELECT_BOLD => F#4
67 SWITCH_SELECT_LONG => G4

Sorry for the bad naming of CUIAs and lack of detailed documentation. At less, documentation should be improved.

Kind Regards

awesome, if I’ve enough time I’ll improve the documentation

1 Like

It would be really nice.

Thanks!

Just curious, are you able to use four of the encoders on the Zero SL the same way as the encoders on the Zynthian? I know they can be mapped to the parameters on separate pages, but I would like to control the parameters of the currently select page via MIDI the encoders, without having to have to map them to each page’s parameters separately. Sorry a bit confusing, I hope I explained this well enough.

1 Like

Nope the encoder doesn’t work with midi but you can map buttons from novation zero for working as up/down etc… it’s pretty good commented on the documentation, sorry but atm I’m out home and I can’t send you the correct url!