Custom Boot Screen

Another idea:

I’ll look into it when I have time.

Yes, I was thinking the same when I wrote it and chuckled

Not ever played with raw. Presumably it’s a data dump straight into the framebuffer…?

ALL OF THEM!

1 Like

I tried making my own .raw files and copying them to /img/, but I still got the original boot screen. Time to try reflashing my SD card.

You have to remove this folder with its contents:

/zynthian/config/img

and copy your png to:

/zynthian/zynthian-ui/img

Then reboot …

The problem is that your files will be over overwrite on every update.

Let me try your images … :wink:

1 Like

OK! I love them. I just replaced the old ones in the master repoitory :wink:
Those wanting to enjoy the new ones, simply remove the:

/zynthian/config/img 

directory.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Yes! It finally works! @jofemodo Thanks so much for your guidance!
I’ll post a victory soundclip once I’m done backing up my SD card. :wink:

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Oh dear! Either my eyesight has dramatically worsened in the past few minutes or the new splash screens are horribly out of focus on my 1024x600 7" screen. Sorry but I don’t like it :frowning: .

2 Likes

Jajaja! Ohhh! I love it, it’s kind of dark … but all my zynthian displays are smaller than yours. Anyway, it’s a matter of taste. I will allow to have a custom set of images, OK? :wink:

Please, open an issue …

Regards,

1 Like

Feature request #123

2 Likes

Hi @ll,

nice work! But I have a problem on the PiTFT-2.8":

It looks like the image is too big for this display… any chance to get it working?

Regards, Holger

1 Like

:question:
That’s weird. I did render the image at 320x240. I think something else is wrong…

It’s working for me on the same display. Try deleting old images and update again.

Ahhh, ok - got it! The problem was: I started the fresh image first on my Zynthian v2 (with the 3.5" OzMaker screen). After that I took the SD card and put it into the Disco-Zynthian with the 2.8" PiTFT, so (I think) the generated images were for the 3.5" screen.

I started the script /zynthian/sbin/generate_fb_splash.sh and now it looks better :smiley:

Regards, Holger

1 Like

hm, but shouldn’t it be possible to change the screen?
I had no issues using images in different zynthians so far.

Yes, it should work … when changing the display from webconf, background images are regenerated.

Regards,

So, should I render the images at a higher resolution? Would that improve the quality of images on bigger screens?

1 Like

I personally like the glowing Error. But the bending effect of the logo and the zynthian is a bit disturbing to me.

2 Likes