CV & Gate Beta PCB!

Hang on folks,

the next days I will assemble the PCB that @jofemodo sent me.
Havent found the time yet.
Lockdown crises and winter hits me. :frowning:

I should do the wiki for it.
So documentation and photos.
Someone willing to help me and look over the text.
I am not nativ english speaking so we could correct what isnā€™t understandable when
it starts to get denglish (German English)

4 Likes

Absolutely! Write something and I am happy to review.

2 Likes

thx.

first i have to clean the working desk up from the collected and not finished yet gear.
take the pictures from unpacking.
put the pcb together.
so probably within the next 7 days I would be ready with all I hope if the world didnā€™t fly into blackholes beforeā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

I have also got the CV and gate board. More than happy to help review and contribute to the wiki.when I get to testing it.

1 Like

You are fantastic, @guys!!

Thanks a lot for helping me with the beta testing and documentation of the ZynFace!!
Of course, i would contribute too :grin:

FYI, currently iā€™m working for having the CV-OUT ready before starting to sell the kits.

thatā€™s what we have talked about in our first conversation we had @jofemodo .

and of courseā€¦there is nothing on the market like that.
for zynthian I can say it was even my best buy in 2019/2020.
my only apprehension was that zynthian was not that deep at that time.
but already a beast.now its getting a real monster for that amount of money what you can do with it.
time to tell perhaps the rest of the world of it.
most people I met never heard about it.
and even the community. fat hugh fellows.

and fat muchas gracias to @jofemodo for invention and short way bugfixing.
I wish big companies would treat their products like this.
incredible astounding.
must be something about a++

2 Likes

I am obviously late to the party, but I am wondering whether this was eventually released. Otherwise, is there any other way to get CV/gate out of the zynthian?

Hi @ksg itā€™s sold out, you came here too late :slight_smile:

https://shop.zynthian.org/shop/product/zynface-kit-416?category=13

But all hardware details are here:

Iā€™m not in that business, but it seems (from what Iā€™ve read from adventurous users here) that ZynFace doesnā€™t use standard CV&Gate voltages.

I am currently using ā€œmutable instruments yarnsā€ via midi for this. It has some really nice features.

Thanks, I did not realize that this was in github! I saw that it was sold out, but that doesnā€™t say much since everything seems to be sold out, but since the gerber files are open source, I can definitely get a pcb manufactured and put together one.

In this case, let me rephrase my query. Has anyone built this using the gerber files? Does it work? If so, where can I find the specifications. For example, I would like to know whether the CV outputs 1V/octave.

I think that Yarns uses SMD components. If so, then it is something outside of what I can build.