damn screen "ERROR" with the IP ... again

Good morning,

I have been trying to get Zynthian working on a Pi 4 base and the Raspiaudio audio card + 4 encoders for more than 1 month now.

I understood from reading you that the materials not referenced in the kit were not maintained.

There is just one thing I don’t understand and despite having read and browsed dozens of posts and pages on zynthian, I still don’t have an answer.

Why when I manage to run Zynthian, reboot etc everything is fine but when I cut the power, I have the damn screen “ERROR” with the IP that appears.

I’m desperate to find a solution.

Thank you to the whole team because this project is huge

Hello, welcome.
Probably a good idea to show us what you are using. Could you provide a picture of what you describe as Zynthian…?
That way we get an idea of the context.

Also if you could grab a screen shot of the webconf home page?

I’m presuming your problem is that after a power cut your zynth reboots continually showing an Error screen …?

hi,
thanks Wyleu.
In fact, i use a raspiaudio card. i install the driver with the command line i terminal :
wget -O - script.raspiaudio.com | bash
and the card is install. an “play -l” give my the card name etc. then i’m going to the audio setup, choosing custom and modify the line with :
-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:Sndrpihifiberry -r 44100 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw
i save, i reebot and ALL is ok.
i can play with Zynthian synth during x hours. When i power it off … it is DEAS : )
i’m obliged to setup audio with Rasp audio, saving, reboot, re install audio driver to play again.
tha is … the first step - that is quit stable - because when all is ok, and when i just want to add the encoder number value … DEAD AGAIN !!!
i’ve past about 10, 20, 30 hours to try to understand how Zynthian works but it is not “acquis” for me.

the capture :

Config
Audi setup
Audio card list
Wiring

Thanks in helping. i think i miss something important
Marc

You should not use the raspi-audio script. I use a raspi-audio in one of my zynhians, and afaik I used the Hifiberry DAC light in the webconf…

Hi Keeze,
i’ve try all the card in the webconf.

i’ve this card :

Raspiaudio Audio+ V2

due to the ERROR screen i’ve only wire the GPIO an + and gnd to avoid conflict ith other GPIO (cos i’m a noob

i could retry tomorow from a new installation SD but i ve try it
thanks

hI @Ticasso

You’re experiencing the damn screen “ERROR” with IP … again

… So welcome to the club. Exotic hardware means sometimes hassels

In Webconf,

• be sure you have choose “Custom” Kit
  • Choose Hifiberry Dac Light as audio sound card in the Webconf audio settings
  • And of course, configure other hardware like display and encoders

If this doesn’t work after reboot, more informations will be needed to investigate further.
In that case can you please copy paste here the output of the following commands (you can do that within the Webconf through its Terminal emulation page)

• dmesg (this will provide all Linux kernel harware related messages)
  • aplay -l (this will list all audio out devices)
  • systemctrl status jackd (jackd is as a service needed by Zynthian to get up.)
2 Likes

Hi,
Le 51 … your are the 1 !!!

I’ve just do what you write and all work fine Directly !!! Incredible
i don’t understand cos i’ve try it but may be with the driver load before.
i was in the wrong way and thinks to all for you answers cos i was really ready to stop trying.

Zynthian is really amazing. i’ve try it with my guitare Synth and it is fun.

I’ve also surely buy the wrong audio card because there is no input.

THANKS AGAIN to all and le51
bisous : )

4 Likes

yes !
Bibises

1 Like