Dexed (DX7 emulator) integration

These are great news, Holger!

I would like to add a note:

The Holger’s “Dexed LV2” plugin is currently included in the Gorgona and Gorgonilla images. Also, it’s included in the update procedure, so when you update your zynthian software from the admin menu, the Dexed plugin is updated to the recent version in the repository.

You will find the Dexed’s source code in this directory:

In some weeks i hope to release the new “web configuration interface”, and probably it will include a tool for uploading & converting SYSEX files. Drag and drop :wink:

OT, but I have ported Dexed also for the MOD-Duo:

Regards, Holger

Hi Holger!

That’s great!
Dexed LV2 is in the MOD’s repo!! Many people will use your Dexed LV2 port and you will get good feedback! In fact, you already get it!! Congratulations!! :trophy:

Many thanks! I think this is a good way to honor their work on MOD-UI. As I own a MOD-Duo I am very happy about having a DX-7 in my guitar effect. No carrying the heavy DX in the flightcase anymore :blush:

Hello Dexed-Zynthianiacs,

in the github-repo there is a slightly patched version of Dexed-LV2. To update your installation do the following:

ssh root@<YOUR_ZYNTHIAN_IP>
 cd $ZYNTHIAN_SW_DIR/plugins/dexed
 git pull
 cd src
 make clean && make install

Restart MOD-UI and try using Dexed.

Regards, Holger

Hi @C0d3man!

Some weeks ago, i added “Dexed update script” to the Zynthian update function in the admin menu, so i think that clicking the “update software” option should be enough :wink:

For me, it works … could somebody re-confirm?

Hi @ll,

Mark Raynsford found a bug inside dexed-lv2 which could cause a SIGSEV. He made a fix that I just merged. I also added a small fix. So: please update your dexed-lv2 installation (see above for manually update).

Regards, Holger

Hi @C0d3man,

Great!! And thanks to Mark Raynford! :wink:

BTW, Dexed is included in the “Update Software” option from the “Admin Menu”, so you can also update from the UI.

Hi guys,

That’s a very good news for the DX7 emulator ! Well done !
I am looking forward to trying it :slightly_smiling_face:
I am a very new Zynthian user, I hope I will manage to get it working soon.

Kind regards,

Hi @ll,

I fixed Dexed so finally you can use several controllers (like the original DX7):

• Modulation wheel
  • Aftertouch
  • Breath controller
  • Foot controller

You only need to update your Zynthian (takes some time for compiling the new sources). For testing choose the sound 33_HORNS_SA_W. Go to page dexed#3 and change the parameter in the right-above (MW Assign). There you can choose the target of the modulation wheel: pitch, amplitude, eg-rate or any comibation of them.

Also I updated the sound-generation-engines to the current state of master.

I found one problem: Dexed does not load sounds/presets which have two underscores/blanks in their name (like 25__ANALOG__1). Really strange… will take a look at this later. This is more a MOD-UI/LV2 problem than a problem with Dexed…

Regards, Holger

Hi @C0d3man!

Is that fixed?

No, not yet. Just have no idea where to search for the problem…

Regards, Holger