Dexed, MOD-UI and a soundtracker

Hey guys,

I called @C0d3man a week ago to ask when the Zynthian with Raspberry 4 would be released. He told me it would still be a while and offered to put a Ras4 into my “old” V1 case :wink: Two days later, it was done! Honoring his effort, I’m presenting some audio showcasing the sound of the Dexed plugin, which @C0d3man has invested so much work in. All sounds except the drums (Black Pearl) are generated by the Dexed.

For those who are interested:
I’m using MOD-UI to set up audio rounting and MIDI filtering to make the Zynthian play multiple synths. There may be other ways to accomplish this, but I have yet to find my way through the new interface :sweat_smile: My MOD pedalboard looks like this:

I’m using OpenMODPlug Tracker (openmpt.org/) as sequencer. I started tracking on an Atari ST and never got my mind round any other music input method… The timing is quite OK I think, although it’s not a professional DAW and not originally intended as a MIDI sequencer. I played the melody manually, so that’s the only part where the timing is definitely off :rofl:

If you’re interested in checking out the setup yourself, I’ll link the files in the next post (I hope that works…)

9 Likes

Here are the files used in my setup:
OpenMPT sequence file
midi2.mptm (9.2 KB)

MOD UI pedalboard
trackingdex.pedalboard.zip (5.7 MB)

Have fun!

That’s a helluva pedalboard!

1 Like

Only by curiosity … have you tried to replicate the same pedalboard using the zynthian UI and no MOD-UI at all? I think it should be easily achievable…

Thanks!

No, I didn’t try the new Zynthian UI yet. “New” means that I’ve been running a Zynthian image from 2018 until last week… But yes, that’s clearly the next step of my explorations.

2 Likes