Display Setting for standard 7" Raspberry Pi Touchscreen?

Do we have a webconf setting for this…?

Particularly the ability to rotate the display by 180 degrees (lcd_rotate=2) :smiley:

Using this with their stand . . .

1 Like

Sure we have. Called Custom Device.

1 Like

We should add it :wink:

Well I do know that … :smiley:

:slight_smile: my only concern is the rotation setting.
In my experience you have to change the calibration file as well manually to get the touch rotated as well.

:slight_smile: my only concern is the rotation setting.
In my experience you have to change the calibration file as well manually to get the touch rotated as well.

It should be possible to include the rotation setting using the customization tree on zynthian-sys.
For instance, take a look to:

/zynthian-sys/custom/display/PiTFT 2.8 Resistive

As you can see, there is a custom config script, “config/zynthian_custom_config.sh”:

DISPLAY=:0 xinput --set-prop ‘stmpe-ts’ ‘Coordinate Transformation Matrix’ 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1

Regards,

I know. I have done that for waveshare.
But what about those ppl who don’t want to mount the 7inch rotated? Do you want two settings for one screen? Does the custom folder naming work still?

The trouble and danger with the custom settings is if you select another entry and the reselect custom your values dissappear. Probably not too critical in this case but for something perverse it ranges from a little bit annoying to catestrophic…
I managed to do this with my custom encoder settings and the only thing that prevented me having to work it all out again was because I’d uploaded the values to the forum!

AFAIK, there is no limitations for having several configuration entries for the same display. The custom tree use the config names from the webconf tool.

Also, we could add a new “rotation” envar parameter and have custom config scripts that uses that parameter. Probably this would be the best solution.

Regards,