Drumgizmo preset <-> snapshot

There should be a way to configure pedal control to either switch or pitchbend / controller.

Using the testing branch. I am unable to get Midi out from the Z. I load a new synth chain - ZynAddSubFx-bass for example. Use an external midi sound device/keyboard or my drum module and record midi onto the synth track. Upon playback midi out on the Z is not outputting midi back to my sound device. I can see what midi note are playing in the midi log and know that the channels are setup properly. Changed midi options in webconfg to route midi to output ports. Is there a setting I’m not ticking? Thnx

Try to enable midi bridge in the admin menu

Regards

Yes, bridge midi-out is enabled and no output.

Midi Thru does not work either.

Midi out works on stable version not testing version. The Midi Thru port does not work on either OS. I get Midi pass thru from the Midi Out port on original stable version not testing version.

Is your testing SD updated to the last ? Did you update recently?

Regards

Yes, I re-flashed a different SD card and updated via ethernet cable with update procedure on the Z itself to double check. About 6 hours ago. Same results.

Hi @Octiv8,

I would need to know all details about your setup. ALL.

My setup works perfectly with testing, and MIDI go out the zynthian by DIN, USB and network.

We are missing some detail in your setup.

Regards

1 Like

Ok, after reading that recent Midi -DIN post I did not realize there are more settings in Webconf - Midi Options and that those three dots are a button. Maybe label that “More” or something. After activating the Midi out DIN it works. Hours of troubleshooting - glad I’m bald or the cleanup would have been horrible.

3 Likes

Well, three dots normally means “more options” and it’s documented in the wiki. Anyway, you are right that this is not very accesible. We will move these options to the UI very soon, so you don’t need to access webconf for changing midi-out settings.

The best

1 Like

Hello there… I do use DrumGizmo in finger druming and it work GREAT ! But it’s okay to use an other engine if it’s even better.
Not latency with raspberry 4, but 90 seconds of loading-without-touching .

Hi-Hat is close or open in two different midi note, there is no variation at all implemented because … Drumgizmo is not made to be a live setup, there is no recorded sound either of mid-range Hi-Hat

Ps: and so, it’s not the only topic about drumgizmo and zynthian :wink: