DrumGizmo

Zynthian has a fairly simple rule for routing audio. If the source is mono then its output is routed to all inputs of the destination. If the source has multiple outputs then they are routed round-robin to each of the destination’s inputs. This means that DrumGizmo would be routed (inappropriately) with odd numbered outputs feeding the left input of the mixer strip and even numbered outputs feeding the right input of the mixer strip. What we would really want is to be able to feed each output to a different mixer strip input. (This is true of other engines, e.g. “Black Pearl Drum Multi” which has several outputs with some drums being fed to individual outputs.)

This would require a redesign of the Zynthian routing rules and lower level architecture, e.g. we currently assign one chain to one mixer input but this may require a method to spread a single chain’s outputs to multiple mixer inputs and indeed add the concept of multiple audio outputs, not just mono/stereo as we currently have.

1 Like

May a checkbox “transform to mono signal” can be the trick ? It will then be usable and PANable ?
I will not have access to my Zynthian before the weekend, but I didn’t feel a bad distribution of the inputs into my headphones.

You know what ?
It’s working for me now, and it work GREAT ! But there is a 90seconds of loading and you have to not touch the controller at all.