Dual power inputs

It took me quite a while to deal with my various :zap::zap::zap:power issues on my pi’s and zynths.

I spotted this little bad boy on pi hut that might help

In particular, I thought @wyleu might benefit from multiple inputs from batteries!

2 Likes

Yes. It’s an interesting area. I’ve got a whole bunch of MOSFETS and power diodes I will unleash on this when I’ve got a stable Pi4 64 bit desktop…

Having watched SLS do it’s will it wont it no launch dance, I’m settling to try and work out how to fail over simply. The concept of one bloody big 20V rail that can power everything seems to introduce a single point of failure, and also requires a centralized wiring point. Now I know that’s how audio people like it, but, they have been wrong before…

But this certainly does make for sense around the back of Pi’s with pals…

They are only £4 too, making them worth a gamble I suspect…

They have other shapes of similar products too :-

Agreed. I do get a little bit concerned when a number of the magic fix devices become an essential part of the rig. I tend to forget the precise reasoning behind the choice, and a thing like this can take on a magical local knowledge aspect, which, before too long, is being worshiped like a packing case in some distant jungle clearing with lousy dress sense and good rhythms . . .

It’s really defined by connectors and which side you sit of that world. And low voltage DC outside of the USB family are horrible. I may have said this before. . .

Any second now :-

It’s a success problem!

1 Like

Nice packing case is it…?

It came in a ziplock bag, inside a jiffy bag. No idea what else you mean.

This is just a desperate attempt to secure a moot isn’t it? …

I’ll moot you

And this is the moment I realise I don’t have the jitsi link stored…

I wonder if jitsi will do pictures off a 64 bit Pi4 4 with this years OS on it …?

The ideal diode seems to be the answer to most of the issues in the PSU area…

More power solutions.

1 Like

Are they just pcbs for easily connecting 5v or are they active?

The former. Straight 5v ins.