Dynosaur-808 soundfont

Hi @zynthianers!

Todays a took a little break for watching some TV and enjoyed a chapter of [
“Watch the Sound with Mark Ronson”, that some fellow zynthianer recommend to me. I watched the “Drum machines” chapter and it inspired to me to finish my unfinished “Dynosaur-808” soundfont, a little exercise i started some time ago but i didn’t finish until today.

I’m quite satisfied with the result, so i’ve included the sounffont in zynthian’s collection. Also, i want to share with you, so you can give me some feedback. I used a well-known set of samples from Michael Fischer. The 116 samples are mapped in several velocity layers when it has sense, like this:

• BASS DRUM: 5 notes (31-35) with different DECAY, from short to long, each one having TONE at 5 velocity levels
  • SNARE DRUM: 5 notes (36-40) with different DECAY, from short to long, each one having TONE at 5 velocity levels
  • HAND CLAP: 1 notes (41) with 1 velocity level
  • CLOSED HIT HAT: 1 note (42) with 1 velocity level
  • OPEN HIT HAT: 1 note (43) with DECAY at 5 velocity level, from ultra-short to long
  • RIM SHOT: 1 note (44) with 1 velocity level
  • COW BELL: 1 note (45) with 1 velocity level
  • CLAVE: 1 note (46) with 1 velocity level
  • MARACAS: 1 note (47) with 1 velocity level
  • LOW TOM: 5 notes (48-52) with 1 velocity level
  • MID TOM: 5 notes (53-57) with 1 velocity level
  • HIGH TOM: 5 notes (58-62) with 1 velocity level
  • CYMBAL: 5 notes (64, 65:66, 67:68, 69:70, 71) with different DECAY, from short to long, each one having TONE at 5 velocity levels
  • LOW CONGA: 5 notes (72-76) with 1 velocity level
  • MID CONGA: 5 notes (77-81) with 1 velocity level
  • HIGH CONGA: 5 notes (82-86) with 1 velocity level

DYNOSAUR-808.sfz.zip (7.2 MB)

UPDATE 2024-02-17 18:37: i just uploaded a new version :wink:

Enjoy!

12 Likes

Some noize from the Dynosaur-808:

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Hi Fernando,

many thanks for this nice soundfont!!! This is totally brilliant - I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time and started collecting samples a few weeks ago. However, I haven’t found many suitable ones yet and had no idea how to put them together (probably with polyphones).

Hopefully I’ll manage to play with the Dino a bit in the next few days :slight_smile:

1 Like

SFZ is easy to write and you only need a text editor and good samples. I enjoyed building dinosaur808.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi Fernando,

I just tried to install the file for Sfizz, but after upload webconf says

Can’t install file: Directory doesn’t contain any SFZ file

I created a bank named C0d3man before - maybe this is the source of the problem? But installing into other banks does produce the same error message.

Manual installing by login with ssh does work… I tried on my v4 and v5 (v5 with the latest updates and v4 with updates from November '23).

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Hi, i have the same issue. But manualy instalation over sftp works.

1 Like

OK! You are right and the bug is solved now. Please, update & test!

Cheers

1 Like

Hi, i’ve updated the SFZ so it can be loaded in Linuxsampler too:

DYNOSAUR-808.sfz.zip (7.2 MB)

Enjoy!

1 Like

Now I get Can't install file: name 'glob' is not defined
(Latest update now works).

1 Like

Hi @C0d3man !

It’s solved now. Please, try again.

Regards

1 Like

YEAH! Works now!

You are my hero - thanks!!!

1 Like

Super awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Such a basis for DYNOdancing :slight_smile: :zynthianic:

4 Likes

Supernice “kind of bolero with montuno” rythm, jejeje!
Mental note for myself: Add the Dynosaur-808 soundfont to the oram-bookworm image :wink:

Cheers

3 Likes