I’m having a couple issues with my Zynth that are hindering usability - I think they are related and hoping that if I share my symptoms we can find the root cause. They all are electrical.
- If I rub my finger along the case, I can feel a “buzz” of electrical potential. It doesn’t hurt, it’s not like shock, but it’s noticeable. It’s much worse when I’m touching my macbook, plugged into the same power strip (also metal case)
- If I plug zynth into one of my home-made amps, I get a rhythmic blipping that is in sync with the rhythmic blinking of my power strip light. I also can hear the interface.
- These sounds change depending on the state of connection of my Zynth, worse if the screen is connected.
- On a commercial practice amp made for guitars and line-in, I DON’T get the noises
- The sounds from synths are not reliable
- Notes “stutter” pretty often (maybe 1 in 20 or so), there is a very short, audible (and visible in the ALSA overlay) click, feels like this might be zynth not being able to keep up with big soundfonts, but also could be related. This happens on midi but also just when making notes in the pattern editor - is Pianoteq super smooth for everyone else, or do you get stutters? I have a pretty fast card, but could that be faulty?
- I very often get “stuck notes” where the zynth doesn’t pick up the off signal, so the note keeps playing until I press it again
I have another older RPi 3… would replacing that out do anything? What is the culprit here? Is it something electrical with my amp? But then why do other inputs not do that? I can plug my anything else to the amp and I don’t get any weird audio. But this happens with Zynth with all my diy amps.