Encoder v3 kit failure

Hello ! After few days, the bottom left encoder is failling to change smoothly the parameters for my synth, can it be an hardware failure ? :frowning:

Here is a video of the problem :

Thank you!

Looks like it. You might swap the those 2 encoders to see if the problem moves or not.
i.e. swap the 2 connectors. If the problem moves it’s the encoder or cable , if not, it’s the zynscreen, Then you can swap the cables to verify it’s not the cable. Also check the solder around the connector pins.

2 Likes

I’ve had similar effects with ribbon cable connection issues, as BrainStormer says swap them around and wiggle some connectors…

1 Like

It seems like a broken encoder or bad contact. Please, re-check that the connector is inserted correctly. Also try to swap connectors and wires to determine where the problem is:

• JST connector (display)
  • harness connector (wire)
  • encoder

I will send you a replacement as soon as you confirm where the problem is.

Thanks!

In your case, ribbon cable is nor the problem because encoders data is transferred using the I2C bus, so a problem with the i2C bus will cause all encoders to fail, not only one.

Hello !

Sorry for the long reply … some times after this post, the encoders did not fail, and I’ve just re-plugged it and it’s failling again :frowning_face:
I did not try to open it, I will test it this week :slight_smile:

Send a full report, please.
And also a screenshot from the webconf’s dashboard.

Regards,

Hello, I’ve just moved it to my computer, updated, and encoder are working fine … I think it’s a wiring issue, maybe resolved when I moved it … I will open it :wink:

1 Like

Then … could we think that your problem is solved?

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like