Extra features of Pianoteq without external gui

Hello everyone !

As many of you around the world, we experiment with our zynthian’s and sooner or later discover some interesting features we never seen possible before. Right now I am trying to use Pianoteq with more controls, also as a separate device with 7" touchscreen and native gui on it to control everything.

Today, just watching on the list of “LV2-plugins>MIDI Synth” I turned on Pianoteq 6 and Pianoteq 6 (5 channels) to try playing with them. Seperately, when you load them as LV2 plugins into the first layer they can’t load any preset, so they don’t produce any sound. But they have surprisingly more controls then our usual Pianoteq engine. Then I’ve got a nauty idea, why not to load both of them - usual Pianoteq as a sound engine, were you can select the preset and after cloning it to MIDI channel 2, LV2 version of it on top. And suddenly I could control ton’s of parameters of the first layer on channel 1.

Needless to say - you can save everything as a snapshots so we can make pretty nice sound without involving the original GUI via x-windows and save lot’s of cpu muscle.

@jofemodo - it is a miracle the way it grows into something extremely creative and unique !
Thank you so much for starting it (and going on too) !!! And thank you everyone involved, making personal efforts into our zynthian evolution. It is definitely not possible by one person alone, but with such a great community of people, great minds from all over the world creating together - nothing seems impossible !

Some examples with snapshots for download:

004-PT _ Steingraeber_E-272.zss (24.0 KB)

005-PT _ Steingraeber_E-272.zss (24.3 KB)

7 Likes

This is awesome @dhrupadiya Thanks for sharing.
I tried it and it works!
Just one weird thing. Once I set this up, for some reason teh volume is set to maximum and I cannot control it in layer 1 anymore… When I rotate the top left dial, the volume number on the gui changes but the actual volume I hear remains unchanged, as if that volume button does not talk to pianoteq anymore. Looking through layer 2 (the LV2-plugins->pianoteq 6 stage) I cannot not find a volume either. Did you experience the same thing? How do you control the volume?

1 Like

@muevc, I’ve never experienced any problems with volume (tested it on two zynthians) but of course this kind of Pianoteq livehack is not 100% reliable and guaranteed to be stable and working.

Still, for me it is a very nice way to experiment woth exiting presets and later save them via gui as separate presets. I love the way, you can create something in between e-piano, grand piano, cimbalom or something else. Custom timbre for custom use :slight_smile:

@muevc - glad you like it !