Extra switches now customizable from webconf

Well it’s the traditional wyleu persuit of record audio and stop audio functions off GPIO presses…

Surely we need a full list of CUIA functions here, not a limited ( but very useful) sub selection…?

course if someone from the 60hz world could demonstrate accordingly . . . .:face_with_monocle:

… and that’s before we start talking about toggle actions …! :smiley:

1 Like

OK @wyleu ! I already understand what you mean. It’s done, my friend!! :wink:

Simply update and (perhaps) reboot …

Regards,

2 Likes

You realise this means even more 12 string guitar creations …?
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ohhhh! Yesssss!!! I’m waiting for more of your audio sample, my friend!! This time, i would like a well structured piece, something like intro-A-A-B-A-C-C-end, about 2-3 mins, please!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Well I would upload one but I wonder if we have hit some limit somewhere as I’ve made several attempts to upload a 5.0 Mb ogg and it never seems to get beyond 1%…

A post was split to a new topic: Funny PedalBoxes for Zynthian (using extra switches!)

hi Zynthianers,
Is it possible to use the extra switches as a program change?
For example:
in a MOD-UI layer, assign a program change to each extra-switch, to recall the presets associated with the Sub Snapshots
Sw1 (Short-push) = Program Change 50
Sw2 (Short-push) = Program Change 51
Sw3 (Short-push) = Program Change 52
Sw4 (Short-push) = Program Change 53
… and also implement the management of multiple banks, for example:
Bank1 (PC50, PC51, PC52, PC53)
Bank2 (PC54, PC55, PC56, PC57)
Bank3 (PC58, etc etc …)
manageable with:
Sw1 (Bold-push) = Bank Down
Sw4 (Bold-push) = Bank Up

what do you think about?

2 Likes

Currently you can’t do this directly … but …

• You can configure the switches as CC, let’s say:

• CC#45
    • CC#46
    • CC#47
    • CC#48
  • And add a simple rule to the MIDI router, like this:

MAP CC#45:48 => PC#1:4

or

MAP CC#45,46,47,48 => PC#1,2,3,4

This should do the trick :wink:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Good news! I’ve extended the custom switches and now you can configure other types of MIDI events.
This is the list of supported MIDI event types:

• CC
  • Note On
  • Program Change

Simply update and enjoy!!

8 Likes

Thanks @jofemodo ,
great job congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

How do I get it working?
I ensured that my knob is working with a UI Action.
But neither a Note On nor a Program Change is displayed in the Midi Log under ZynMidiRouter Main when I short press the button.

And why don’t distinguish those three between short, bold, long?

And don’t we need a Note Off as well?
And a MIDI channel.
That way you can define buttons that are triggering samples and stop them.

Hi @mheidt!

• MIDI channel is from the “active layer”
  • You have to configure your Custom Switches in the Wiring Layout setup, on the webconf.
  • Short/Bold/Long is for UI action. MIDI action works different:
    • When selected “MIDI Note”, Note-ON is send on push and Note-OFF on release.
    • When selected “Program Change”, this is sent on push and release does nothing.
    • When selected “CC”, value 127 is sent on push and 0 on release.

Regards,

If we could define a MIDI channel we would have more options. Especially when the master channel is possible.
So what is the use case for the Program Change? ZS3. Is there anything else possible?
And with a MIDI channel you could play one layer with the keyboard and a parallel layer with the buttons. especially drum voices when a single note makes sense.

Hm, I booted the machine up again und now i see the NoteOns.
I didn’t navigate into the layer before and stayed in the Mixer. Maybe that was the problem before.
But I don’t know if it is my button:
The NoteOff is sent immediately even while holding the button pressed.
I might need a different button for that.
Maybe a Toggle-mode would be helpful.

ok, my bad.
My CustomAction Zynthian is not hooked up. And I missread bass with brass when I tested it :slight_smile:
But I can confirm, that when you boot up, the active channel seems to be the MIXER. Only if I switch to the first and only layer, the button works.
I think, if you offer a MIDI channel option (0 for active, 1-16), we can sell this little glitch.
And wouldn’t it be convenient if the program change has a short, bold, long option, so that you can switch between three ZS3 settings with one button?

I just implemented MIDI channel for MIDI CustomActions. It will work with Master Channel too, so you could use it for loading snapshots, etc.

Regarding short/bold/long actions, current implementation doesn’t allow this for MIDI actions. You have to think that this kind of actions are quite different to UI actions and we need to act on push and release depending on the event type:

• CC => Send value 127 on push and value 0 on release (sustain pedal, etc.)
  • Note => Send Note-ON on push and Note-off on release
  • Program Change => Only send PC on push, nothing on release.

Of course, all this can be improved/extended in a lot of ways. Specially the “toggle” functionality is on the TODO list … :wink:

Regards,

Did anymody get Note and Program Change working?

Markus, please update. I found the error and solve it. It should be working now …

1 Like

NoteOn does work now.
But Program Change still doesn’t

Funny thing is, that the Midi Log shows in both cases (NoteOn, ProgramChange)
CH#01 NOTE_ON 25, Vel: 127
CH#01 NOTE_OFF 25, Vel: 0

But when Program Change is selected, no blue M and of course no sound.

why don’t you invest two more parameters to customize 127 and 0?