Hardware requirements

Just installed zynthian v5 after not using it for a while, its pretty neat!
But the ui and loading of synths is sluggish - its on a pi 3b. Would a pi 3b+ work well enough or should i upgrade to 4?

Are there hardware requirements for V5?

Thanks!

I think the V5 refers to the hardware, the specific software, such as STABLE-DATE supports V5 and earlier. That being said, I think the upgrade to Pi 4 would be quite worthwhile, and lately they seem somewhat available - I just got an 8GB Pi 4 from PiShop in the US. The only clue that they were in short supply was you could only order one.

Hi @guysoft , it’s nice to see you again here.

For using Zynthian with its UI, engines, sequencer, …RBPI4 is the good choice
But RBPI3B is stil a good solution for going headless

1 Like

Hey thanks its nice to visit and see how the project grew @le51 :slight_smile:

It seems like the pi4 is faster but still it takes a while to load new plugins once they are added.

My setup is a pi official 7inch display, pi4 and audio injector sound card. SD card is a sandisk A1
The display has the lighting symbol indicating low power. I am not sure how to fix the power supply to be sufficient.

2 Likes

I’m using the ‘official’ supply for the Pi which I think is 3amps and uses a USB C connector and it is fine, no lightning symbol. Older supplies for earlier Pis could supply less current.

1 Like

Hi @guysoft !!

Nice to see you active, mate!!

Ohh yes. This takes time in any machine. LV2 discovering is not the faster thing in the world. It’s for this we cache the info :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like