High bright in original Adafruit PiTFT 2.8'

Hello.

There is (will be) some menu to put more bright at original Adafruit PiTFT 2.8’ TouchScreen?

I know: more bright, more power consumption.

In outdoor uses, the screen isn’t enought bright.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, Adafruit display backlight is not dimmable in any way. You’ll have to use another display if you need to change brightness.

Thank you.

I will wait for next powerful Zynthian (more Raspb CPU & more screen inches).

At this time I have enought Zyn-games to play.

That’s not completely true, @Axeman
You can regulate to reduce the bright using PWM on GPIO18, but by default in Zynthian it’s at maximum bright.

Regards!

Thank you very much.

You’re right. I remembered that dimming was not possible with PiTFT but then I was using the on-board rPI audio, and with on board audio enabled, GPIO18 loses the PWM capability. This is not a problem with an external audio board.
Unfortunately, this will not help @Mister_Carrington to get more NITs out of the display…

When I shutdown my Zynthian, the PiTFT increases its brightness. Is this strange in any way?

And BTW, I understand is absolutely impossible configure the screen brightness, right?

Regards!

For me with the tft 2,8 “plus” capacitive, screen is at his full brightness at boot, but when the zynthian logo show up, the brightness go down

Probably the bright control for the capacitive version is different from the resistive one. You could take a look to the /zynthian/zynthian-ui/zynthian.sh file and the Adafruit documentation.

Regards!

Hi ! Another question, on this screen there is buttons, one of these do an “enter” when I press it, can I use the others with a mapping for the functions of navigation in the UI ?

Of course, but you would need to hack the code, although it wouldn’t be too difficult. :wink:

Anyway … How is built your Zynthian? If you are using a kit v1, the PiTFT 2.8’ “native” switches are mapped to fixed GPIO pins, and these pins are currently used by the zynthian controllers, so you would need to tweak a little bit. Perhaps the better option is to use the new All-In-One circuit, that will free most of RBPi GPIOs, including those used by the PiTFT 2.8’ switches.

Regards,