How much space could I clear for a small SD?

I am told there’s a lot of soundfonts as part of the image, and there’s also a fair number of apps that I’ll never be interested in. I also have a lot of 8GB cards lying around, so I’d like to customize my install down to less than that size and have a bunch of extra cards ready to go - it never gets to me when I have to do a new card, but I’m building a unit for a non-technical musician and I want them to be able to just swap out the card and give me the dead one next time I see them.

edit: never put in a question. Deleting the soundfonts, which I also won’t likely use, seems like the most promising idea - where are they? And, is it easy to remove some apps? I’m likely gonna pick my favorite mono and poly synths and use those along with setbfree and pianoteq, for the most part.

1 Like

I would like to see a smaller image with the ability to install the extra soundfonts etc. I find it painful to download such a large image, espeically when testing during a release testing phase (when I need to do it many times). This may also save overhead at the zynthian org end.

1 Like

An image builder, or at least a package manager, would be a worthy tool. The flagship model should always have all the things, but rarely does a musician actually need all the things on a single day.

1 Like