I am on the path of setting up Zynthian as an add-on to a pipe organ. So the device will be designed and configured, then a snap shot will be taken of the configuration so that it will always power up to the right configuration. Because this is the goal, the normal display and controls may not be necessary. So I am trying to learn what all the options are.
List of displays
3.5 inch display
This is the workhorse of Zynthian where the Zythian-UI is normally displayed
Normal HDMI output
This can be seen
- On the normal HDMI connector on a standard computer monitor.
- On the standard 7 inch raspberry PI display.
- On a remote display that tunnels into the RPi using SSH
- Some of the synth engines use this display to show additional setup parameters (such as Aeolus).
Other remote displays
- You can sign in to a webpage from a remote computer to adjust Zynthian settings
- You can sign into a different webpage to see and adjust MOD-UI. You first have to start MOD using the normal Zynthian UI.
So finally we get to the question.
If you do not have a 3.5 inch display, it is possible to use the normal HDMI output to see the Zynthian UI. However, it you do this, you will not be ale to see additional synth engine parameters (such as Aeolus). So if you want to use additional synth parameters, you have to have the 3.5 inch display.
Do all of this seem right to you guys?