How to delete all patterns? (... or maybe a bug...?)

Dear Zynthians,

playing around with the pattern editor for two days, I’ve realized that there seem to be sometimes “relicts” from previous sessions in unused patterns. What I did:
1.) Jamming around with mixer and pattern matrix.
2.) Clearing up by “Chain - Clean All”
3.) Setting up some new chains (e.g. MIDI #1,2,3)
4.) Going into pattern editor to record some patterns
→ Sometimes there is still pattern information (notes + chain) inside. The funny thing here is, that I also had the case, that the instrument from the previous - deleted - pattern was being played… although it is not selected in any of the actual chains (and it’s also not reflected in the mixer). Is this a (known?) bug? And is there also a workaround to clean up the patterns completely?

Best regards,
Doc “Marc” Analog

Hi @DocMC !

Patterns/sequences are not associated to instruments but MIDI channels. You can assign any pattern/sequence to any MIDI channel. When you delete an instrument (chain), no patterns are deleted at all.
You can delete patterns one by one or use “clean all” option for deleting all chains and patterns. If you want to delete all patterns while keeping chains in a single operation, you could load the patterns from a snapshot that have no patterns. You could save a snapshot like this quite easily :wink:

Anyway, your request is interesting, so we will add an option for deleting all patterns.

Regards,

Hi @jofemodo
thank you for the explanation. I just don’t understand your point

You can delete … or use “clean all” option for deleting all chains and patterns.

since the only “clean all” menu item which I can find is associated to chains… which are not connected to the patterns as you explained. So something like a “clean all patterns” (in the pattern matrix options) and/or “clean all chains and patterns” (in the admin options) would be great!

Background for my topic: I’m planning to record a video, where I build up a 4 track pattern (bass, drums, pads, keys) from scratch. But often there is this type of residues left from previously…

Anyway, after now only 3 days of playing and experimenting with the Zynthian, I’m deeply impressed about the flexibility and sound quality of this little machine! So thank you and the whole team for putting so much enthusiasm and passion in it.

Best regards,
Doc MC

Hi @DocMC !

I’ve added 2 new options to the menu, so now it"s possible to remove sequences and chains separately. This is available in the testing branch.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Hi @jofemodo ,

you’re a hero!!! Will try this at the weekend! Thank you so much in advance :smiley:

Best regards,
Doc MC

1 Like