How to unlock MIDI-CCs for MOD-UI, stable 2211

@gilrain confirmed it worked for him. I will check again.

Regards!

It worked for me on test last week. I did’t try since then.

@jofemodo here is the MIDI options section… I importetd it with the backup import function. Maybe something happened there?

Thank you for investigating this.

It works sometimes, not always… I can assingn a parameter to midi, it’s OK. But it only works when I have the web interface connected. If I disconnect, it stops working. After a reboot, if I start web interface first, it works. But if I try the controller before start web interface, it moves a little, but almost immediatly stops, and doesn’t work anymore.
It seems that the midi learning works, but the operation of the assigned controller somehow depends on the connection between Zynthian and the web interface.

@gilrain

…which basically means, that it doesn’t work. I just did an update and I cant’t even see the parameters of the MOD-UI panels (as in the pic above). So I will go back to staging 2210, i guess. That did work fine. And as I probably don’t need the other functonalities that might come… wish I wouldn’t have to… :cry:

This is the best workaround. I’m afraid that the Zynthian MOD-UI development is not a priority at the moment. I like the new UI with the mixer, it’s very good for the synth side, but not for the guitar side. I can’t control MOD-UI pedalboards with my midi footswitch…

1 Like

I haven’t seen a bug repot in the issue tracker for this. We need unambiguous and detailed bug reports to be able to investigate issues. I think there are two different issue discussed in this forum:

• Empty control view
  • Unable to MIDI learn
1 Like

It was about the midi learn, the empty control view is another issue, and I didn’t have it on testing.

Last time I tried two weeks ago midi learn worked when MOD web interface was active, otherwise not. I will test again tonight.

1 Like

The same thing is happening as two weeks ago.

All repos on testing branch, updated before test.

This is also the same as three weeks ago: