How to unlock MIDI-CCs for MOD-UI, stable 2211

Hi there and happy Holidays to all!

I have upgrades to latest stable 2211, and updated just now:

I restored all backups including system backups (from RC2210) But now, all MID-CCs from my USB Launchpad-X are blocked. I read somewhere, that is on purpose, cause of MIDI-learn.

I started MIDI-Log. It shows Program Change, but not MIDI-CC from LaunchpadX.

Please, can I has back MIDI control for my MOD-UI? :sunny:

1 Like

Hi,

I have similar problem with stable 2211. I made a fresh install, added a MOD-UI chain, and added plugins on web interface.

When I try to assign a parameter to MIDI on the web interface, nothing happens (almost nothing, it’s seems like the parameter is assigned to something).

When I try to map a MOD-UI effect parameter on Zynthian UI, the CC number appears, but that’s all, I can’t control the parameter.

MIDI learning works perfectly outside of MOD-UI. All my controllers work in MOD-UI with stable 2109.

Hello.

This:

When I try to map a MOD-UI effect parameter on Zynthian UI, the CC number appears, but that’s all, I can’t control the parameter.

MIDI learning works perfectly outside of MOD-UI. All my controllers work in MOD-UI with stable 2109.

…is exactly what I have too. In ZynUI it says assigned. But nothing happens :frowning:

Hi guys! That sounds like a bug. Works one of you please add it to the issue tracker?

Done!

All good things for 2023!!!

I’m seeing this issue also, and the workaround I found was to click on MIDI PORTS in the mod-ui lower right and select Aggregated Mode, Save, then Save the pedalboard.

I don’t know if Separated mode is ever useful on a Zynthian hosted environment, we could consider hard-coding midi_aggregated_mode = True always in a host.py patch:

Hi,
I can’t save Aggregated mode. I select it, save it, but in a few seconds Separated mode restore itself(?) and save the pedalboard doesn’t help.

Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> remove_hw_port /graph/serial_midi_in
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> remove_hw_port /graph/serial_midi_out
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> remove_hw_port /graph/midi_capture_1
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> remove_hw_port /graph/midi_capture_2
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> add_hw_port /graph/midi_broadcaster_in midi 1 All_MIDI_Out 1
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.add_hw_port_cb: ADD_HW_PORT => /graph/midi_broadcaster_in, midi, output
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> add_hw_port /graph/midi_merger_out midi 0 All_MIDI_In 1
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.add_hw_port_cb: ADD_HW_PORT => /graph/midi_merger_out, midi, input
Jan 30 18:22:18 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> stats 4.3 0
Jan 30 18:22:19 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> stats 4.3 0
Jan 30 18:22:20 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> stats 4.3 0
Jan 30 18:22:20 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> sys_stats 9.4 1500000 48686
Jan 30 18:22:21 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> stats 4.2 0
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> stats 4.3 0
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> ping
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS << pong
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> remove_hw_port /graph/midi_broadcaster_in
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> remove_hw_port /graph/midi_merger_out
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> add_hw_port /graph/serial_midi_in midi 0 Serial_MIDI_In 0
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.add_hw_port_cb: ADD_HW_PORT => /graph/serial_midi_in, midi, input
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> add_hw_port /graph/serial_midi_out midi 1 Serial_MIDI_Out 0
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.add_hw_port_cb: ADD_HW_PORT => /graph/serial_midi_out, midi, output
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> add_hw_port /graph/midi_capture_1 midi 0 in_hw_0_0_0_SparkFunProMicro_MIDI_1 1
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.add_hw_port_cb: ADD_HW_PORT => /graph/midi_capture_1, midi, input
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.task_websocket: WS >> add_hw_port /graph/midi_capture_2 midi 0 in_hw_1_0_0_Origin37_MIDI_1 2
Jan 30 18:22:22 zynthian startx[1705]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_modui.add_hw_port_cb: ADD_HW_PORT => /graph/midi_capture_2, midi, input

Hi @zynthianers!

I just commited a fix to the MOD-UI’s midi learning problem. It’s in the testing branch. Please, test and confirm it works.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

It works for me, thank you!

2 Likes

After upgrading stable branch I get this:

I guess that is not so good. All params are gone. :frowning:

Sysconfig see below.

Something strange happened, but not related with the latest fix, that it’s only available on testing. Stable branch has not changed in the latest days.
Anyway, i just updated my “stable” V4 machine and everything worked fine, so i don’t think it’s a problem with stable updates. Please try updating again and restart the device.

Regards!

Hello @jofemodo !

Thank you again! After a few restarts (and a power outage) it seems back to normal now. Concerning testing branches: is it best to set every branch to testing? Or just the one needed for the fix? That would be “zynthian-ui”, I guess?

I would caution against flopping back and forward between testing and stable and it seems best to stick to one on a specfic machine.

Best practise is to keep seperate SSD’s in such circumstances.
I’ve had issues with snapshot reloading after changing with unrecognised parameters in the file formats.

Back up frequently and keep decent notes as to which backup came from where. I’m probably one of the most cavalier users in these regards, so if my message appears dismissive, it’s not. I fully appreciate the effort the developers put into ensuring compatibility, but if you have done something along these lines, suspect that before looking for wider issues.

1 Like

Acknowledged.

Been on stable all the time. But I am tempted to go to testing. I always do complete backups, so I even could go back to staging 2210, where the MIDI learn of MOD UI still worked.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Personally I have tended to live on testing but the Audio Mixer has been essential to me for some time now and this was a testing feature.
It also depends a lot on what you are tending to do. Using a machine live is certainly not a good time to make such a switch as any kind of issue will almost certainly raise it’s head in such a situation.

I caught a patch of this during a Rehearsal last Friday where the absence of a top left encoder due to changes left me unable to answer the question, “Why can’t I adjust the volume like I used to…?”

My fault, of course, as I’d concentrated on features I wanted to use rather than what people expected to be available.

1 Like

We aim to make backwards compatible to ease migration but find it challenging to do forwards compatibility. If we knew the future we might not be doing this! So saving snapshots then found back to an older version is likely to fail

1 Like

True. That’s why I always do a complete backup and seperate ones for presets, soundfonts and system settings etc. They all go into one folder, so I can always revert back to an old state of the machine.

Hello @jofemodo,

Hate to be a bumper, but what is the plan to send this fix to stable?

Thank you!

Hi @copes ! It was merged on stable some days ago. Please confirm it works for you.

1 Like

Hey!

@jofemodo

I’m afraid of saying it… but no- it doesnt work. same as before. I can assign a CC, it shows on the display, but using it doesn’t change the assigned value…

here’s my current config:

::

And here is the snapshot with the MOD-pedalboard
001-Track 1 Bng 2023-2-9 14-17-33.zip (2.6 KB)