IMG torrent

Hi can anyone give advice on DLing the torrent. I’ve got uTorrent running, but it’s abysmal, reporting expected >1 week to complete the 13G DL. Is this what to expect? or is this a problem on my side?
Thanks for any insight

Hi @yogi!
I’ve restarted my BitTorrent server. It has a high speed connection so it may improve your download. Please, confirm that your download speed has been improved now …

Thank you, yes I think that helped. Overnight the speed quadrupled :slight_smile:
Yogi

Follow up: Finished in little over a day. Thanks again.

@jofemodo – do you need hosting? I’d be willing to offer free hosting for non-torrent downloads. I already pay for AmazonS3 for other projects and would gladly pay the few dollars a month it would cost to host these huge files.

Thanks a lot for your offer, @programsam!

I have a dedicated root server for the project in Hetzner: 8 cores, 32 GB, 3+3 TB HD (RAID-1). Anyway, i prefer to distribute the SD images using torrent because it’s the better way of distributing big files. I could give “direct download” links, but i don’t want to do it and i prefer to “enforce” people to use Torrent :smiling_imp:

If you want to contribute in this area, please, consider to feed the torrents from your servers :wink:

Kind Regards!

I’m using a personal service I manage/own to run a torrent server continuously to hopefully increase downloadability. The server sits on an OC3, so once it gets the .img files, downloading should be pretty quick.