Improved Audio & MIDI recorder

Hi @zynthianers!

Some little improvements on Audio & MIDI recorder:

• Added track duration to file lists on UI & webconf. Both audio & MIDI files.
  • On UI, now wav, ogg and mp3 files are shown, but when several formats are detected for the same filename, only the most important one is shown, being the precedence order: wav, ogg, mp3. This allows, for instance, to delete wav files after compressing to ogg from webconf. Beware that deleting from UI will delete all formats for the selected filename!!

Regards,

5 Likes

@mheidt, the upload audio & MIDI feature on webconf would be really nice to have … :innocent:

1 Like

Great, many thanks. That’s even more then what I was waiting for !

2 Likes

Dear Zynthaniac, please use GitHub to request new features. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dear @mheidt, there is an open task from 6 months ago:

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

pulls up seat and makes himself comfortable . . . .

2 Likes

don’t make yourself too comfortable. There is something you can test.

1 Like

Independent sources told me that the new feature is usable now. Aka the boss is happy with it.
So now wav, ogg, MP3, mid or midi files can be uploaded. Even multiple files can be selected.

5 Likes

1 Like

It works!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,
I am not sure if my new midi record issue is a bug or an issue with my Arturia MiniLab.
For the past year I’ve been using the Midi Recorder to record tracks with my M-Audio Keyboard and it worked well. Last weekend I updated my Zynthian to the latest and greatest firmware and also picked up a small keyboard with drum pad and many knobs. I tried to use the new midi updated midi record to record a pan flute track. Live play sounded fine, but when playing back the midi recording it sounded as if the sustain pedal was stuck. Looking at the midi file verified sustain was stuck on, but this was not the case while I was playing the track live.
I tried other instruments such as organ and piano… I could not problem with sustain there. I was able to duplicate the issue with every version of a sampled flute.

I’ll try other SF2 wind instruments such as sax to see if it’s recordewd properly.
Is there anything I need to do to my configuration ? Can anyone here try to duplicate it ?

FYI I was playing the flute track from Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” LMAO

My Zynthian build using a PI3, for the new version of Zynthian should I rebuild with a PI4 ?

1 Like

It seems related to the new SMF code. Perhaps @riban can put some light …

Regards,

I will take a look. Did you apply sustain pedal at all during recording? (I don’t think flutes have sustain, not even for Led Zeppelin :wink: .)

1 Like

No I didn’t. My existing sustain pedal is broken, I ordered a new one. On Zynthian I had Sustain disabled. You are correct about the pan flutes! I wasn’t using sustain LMAO. Playing it live sounded fine. When I played the Midi Record track back it had sustain! The recording didn’t match the live play.

Thanks

Hi, were you ale to take a look at the new SMF code ? It appears midi record has a similar problem with FluidGuitars too.

Sorry - been too busy. Would you mind please adding an issue to the tracker? I will pick it up from there.

Are three any docs on how to use the recording feature? Where do I find it?

1 Like

MIDI

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_User_Guide_-_V1/V4#MIDI_Recording_and_Playback

Audio

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_User_Guide_-_V1/V4#Audio_Recording_and_Playback

1 Like