Improved Audio Recorder/Player

Hi @zynthianers!

I’ve been working a little bit in the Audio Recorder tool included in the Zynthian UI’s admin menu. Now you can list the captured tracks and also play by clicking on it.

You know … just “update software” :wink:

Enjoy!!

7 Likes

Oooh we have a new official colour . . . ( don’t worry the old gold is mine…Come on you Wolves !! ) :slight_smile:

Seems to work.
Even handles deleting a file on the webconf and doesn’t crash when you play the ‘missing’ file on the GUI !

Does it have a maximum size of file limit in case you leave it on and you run out of SD and would your zynth crash in such a situation ?

Probably was a possible issue before but this is now seriously usable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s amazing ! Thanks @jofemodo
I use a raspberry pi to record 18 simultaneous tracks with jack capture and have managed to record up to 11 minutes before it crashes. Above that, I think the ram is not enough to write the file at the end of the recording or something like that.
There is an argument for jack_capture to stop after a while (I set mine for 8 minutes).
Since I’m recording 18 simultaneous tracks, I think it would probably be safe to record at least 60 minutes of a stereo file (if the space is available on the sd card).

1 Like