I was wondering if the 1/4" outputs and the RCA outputs are necessarily the same, or if they’re just mirrored in software. I’m trying to find out if I can use the Zyn (kitv2 with HiFiBerry Pro) both as a synth and then independently as an FX send/receive on my mixer.
Is that possible, or is it something that fundamentally the audio interface can’t do?
Edit: Reading the HFB specs, it’s obvious now that there’s only one DAC, for one stereo pair out. I guess my question becomes what would best practices be for looping the zyn into the fx chain? An idea:
- All non-zyn sources sent to a submix on the physical mixer
- send that sub to the zyn inputs
- Gain 2x2 layer for capture
- all the zyn synths on other layers
- the final fx chain getting all the zyn layers, including capture
- zyn outs to return on physical mixer
I think that’s the closest I can get to using a single zyn for both synth and fx duty. Did I miss anything that would make this use case better, short of getting a USB audio interface for a secondary output?