Industrial Rack Mount Box for Networked Zynthians?

This industrial looking Raspberry Pi case that’s been going around was purpose built to mount on a DIN Rail. (Some home solar/battery wall power systems probably have such a Pi monitoring the energy.)

What to do with these palm size, rack mountable boxes? what about a ZinoRack networked Zynthian demo, playing a massive orchestrated piece live using 16 or more cores (too bad there’s no bus system like in Euro Racks?)
Imagine the steel rail is mounted on a wall and the LCDs are vertical. Can power through Ethernet run a Pi 4?

This little 7x9cm box accommodates an audio hat, and ribbon connected 2.2" no touch TFT it was designed for (with OK 320x240 res, 4X the pixels of that 1.8" listed in the web config menu) There’s a ILI9341 SPI driver that yields up to 60 fps by only drawing changed areas of the frame through accessing the BCM2835 ARM Peripherals controller registers (sounds a little scary) There’s limited real estate for additional connector, all USB MIDI seems more tidy.

The rack mount details that none of these enclosure sellers are mentioning.

Some other DIN Rail Device Examples

6 Likes

There are some 60 different offerings of these enclosures at Aliexpress, the seller I used has a sale price at the moment for $3.74 + $0.79 shipping for either the Pi 3 or 4 version.

A search on Aliexpress.com for “2.2 Inch 240*320 Dots SPI TFT” gets some 36 offerings for the LCD that fits perfectly in the box window, the delivered price can be under $9

(So far I have only pasted Zynthian pixels onto the pictures, have not pumped in electrons as yet.)

An unrelated display I just noticed, a 1.14 inch SPI 135x240 LCD TFT with a narrow 24 pin end of the GPIO connector for $8.70 might be a useful little status display in some applications.

(Actually has driver information, a rare occurrence on that marketplace)

(The OLED in their description is probably in error)

Posible only with special HAT see on PI 4 specification
in industrial rack mount design you can also use
4-Port Gigabit PoE Switch with Uplink port :slight_smile: