Installed Pianoteq Studio Bundle, but appears as 'Standard' rather than 'Pro'

Hey everybody,

I installed Pianoteq’s Studio Bundle, which includes Pianoteq Pro, though after installing and activating, it appears on the Zynthian web-conf as ‘Standard’ rather than ‘Pro’. Is this normal?

Any thoughts, @C0d3man, @jofemodo, @mheidt? :- )

Hi @HammyHavoc,

as I wrote the engine more than a year ago, I only had the Stage bundle. The engine distinguished only between Demo and Non-Demo (=Stage). If your Pro version is working, there should only some code needed to check which kind of Pianoteq is installed.

I am currently very short of time, but perhaps I can take a look at this the next weeks.

Regards, Holger

Hi @C0d3man!

I improved the install procedure and added support for Standard and Pro versions.

@HammyHavoc, “standard” is the dafault when the system can’t identify the binary, so your “studio pro” version may be different to the “normal Pro”.

You can help me to identify the binary by running this command in your zynthian shell and send me back the output:

/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6/pianoteq --version

Thanks!

1 Like

I entered the command and this was the output.

root@zynthian:~# /zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6/pianoteq --version
Pianoteq version 6.6.0/20190917 -- http://www.pianoteq.com
Copyright (c) 2019 Modartt.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help you troubleshoot. :- )

Is there any other PRO user confirming this?
The code actually expects a PRO after Pianoteq.
Mine says STAGE.

Or you ask in the pianoteq forum. Maybe you didn’t get the pro version.

I am 100% certain I have the STUDIO bundle, which also includes PRO. I can also confirm I have the correct binary as I have it on another computer, where it appears as the expected license.

Here’s a screenshot from my account area.

More info on the bundle here: https://www.pianoteq.com/pianoteq_pro#studio_bundle

1 Like

Ok, but you need to ask them, why your binary doesn’t tell PRO when you call --version.
Or what is the result if you have STANDARD?
Anybody bought that licence?

1 Like

Hello @mheidt,
it’s teasing, but not yet…

Thanks for sorting these things out for us.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

AFAIK, this is the fingerprint of “Standard” version, unless Moddart changed this recently.
Until now, the Stage and Pro versions that i’ve tested identify itself by its names.

Anyway, it’s not important from the zynthian perspective, as it makes no difference between the 3 versions. The interface zynthian <=> pianoteq is the same.

Regards,