Introduce yourself!

There is something rather magical about saying that sort of thing…

This is one Tessa wrote for an LP we did a while ago . . .

Your piece reminded me of this… Thanx. :smiley:

3 Likes

maybe my second piece will be that good, maybe Tessa will help me

Hello all.
I play the piano as an amateur.
I use Linux to do music since many years, try Zynthian connected to a HDMI screen and now have got m Zynthian box :slight_smile:

My midi controllers are:
Nektar impact lx88+ : https://m.thomann.de/gb/nektar_impact_lx88.htm
Akai ewi usb (don’t try yet on Zynthian)

Just to say, Zynthian is great, thank you

3 Likes

Exceellent !!!

Now guess what I’m about to ask in my nicest, sweetest, prettiest voice? … . . :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re going to demand a truffle-shuffle, aren’t you?

Look It was either this or two years in community service, and guess which I chose …?

1 Like

Sorry Iguyome45 , this is a bit of a tradition but don’t feel intimidated, it’s lovely to hear anything people have done with a zynth but it’s not essential, just a bit of fun…

I will make, maybe an old french song, at the level of my skill

1 Like

So not french but belgian, I make the record with usb pen drive but have some bad noise, only on record.
The first one, Jacques Brel Amsterdam, pianoteq with tal reverb effect:

The second, Robert Miles Children, with a bass soundfont and pianoteq:

3 Likes

The recording function is not working very well… i will try to solve it ASAP.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi

I am Walt, a hobby musician and professional electronics engineer living in the English seaside town of Clacton-on-Sea. I have very little formal music training but dabble in whatever I can, mostly guitar. I have a selection of instruments including MIDI keyboards, wind, guitar and drum controllers which I intend to dust off and drive my new Zynth. I have been designing and building a synth for the past few years (actually, probably decades!!!) but the latest iteration was so similar to Zynthian that when I read your blurb I decided to abandon (or mothball) my efforts and try this - so far, none too shabby. I want a device that I can program and control with lots of knobs (like we did in the 1970s) but can also be used as a simple and small live tool with recall of all those lovely soundscapes so plan to have a hardware controller for sound design and a box (or two) that lives in my gig bag.

I have been using gnu/linux since the turn of the century and am an advocate for free and open source adoption. I participate in several open projects (and host a few) and have much experience with project management, issue management, version management, release management and test management. (That is a lot of management - like a Hale and Pace sketch (for our UK viewers) :slight_smile: ).

I hope this project turns out to be the panacea I have been looking for and allows me to make music rather than just design the tools to do so. I have read a lot of the discourse and you look like a fairly friendly bunch. I may stick around…

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! Please accept a complimentary glass of champagne . . .

My Parents live in Harwich . . . Did you visit Maplin in Southend…? :smiley:

It all sounds similar to my own journey. . . .Trying to build something around a hifiberry amp and wondering how to get latency down…

It’s like the 70’s build but now you get a community . . .

…Even if it’s only this one … :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I remember Maplin when it was just that little shop on the A13. Later I used to connect to their dial-up ordering service via an acoustic coupled modem and be excited at being presented with a text based menu that I could traverse, slowly… Maplin had a chequered history and rather lost its way. I long since stopped relying upon it for my supply of electronic components. Farewell old friend :cry:

2 Likes

You have stepped-in with really good energy, Walt! Welcome on board!
We have a lot of funny work to do by here … I hope you enjoy a lot in our little Zynthianverse :grinning:

Cheers!

1 Like

But is now fixed !!! Hoorah!! Details . .

Hello fellow zynthonians !

My name is Steven, I’m 41 and from Belgium.

I’m a unix system administrator with a passion for (micro)electronics and building things.
No music skills whatsoever, but messing with electronics and listening to randomly generated sounds keeps me sane :stuck_out_tongue:

Since my attention span is fairly short ooh look a butterfly there is always some half finished projects on my desk.

My favorite toys: hackrf, plutosdr, prusa i3, a vast selection of microcontrollers and SOC’s

Currently working on:

• zynthian box (7" touchscreen, pi 3B, clone hifiberry dac+, mcp23017 with assorted encoders & launchkey mini)
  • Teensy midi sequencer (teensy 3.2 with potentiometers, buttons and oled - loosely based on teensy examples and adafruit Fifteenstep)
  • another teensy controlling an OPL2 sound board; still looking for a nice way to integrate another soundboard into my zynthian setup - I have no HW mixer)
  • RC remote control (STM32 with oled and NRF24’s to control a 3D printed spider)
  • some assorted trinkets for integration with esphome and Hass.io

Hope you are having a great day and see you around the forum!

grtz

4 Likes

What the… it’s the picture of my lab workbench :smiley:

3 Likes

@riban & @wyleu have mooted!

Much fruitful talk got talked.

1 Like

Really welcome on board, @b0bje!

I hope you can help us with the many tasks we have pending … and BTW, expand a little bit your music-side with us … :wink:

@wyleu, do the honors, please … :innocent::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Kind Regards,

3 Likes

zynthling @b0bje two steps forw. . . …wait FOR IT … aaard…

Present image of zynthian on forummm…

Present audio sample of zynthian … … . .

. . . . .

The rest of you … STOP SNIGGERING !!!

3 Likes