Is it possible to assign MIDI controller CC values to control my Zynthian?

I have the following controller, and I want to route the CC values of the buttons, etc., to my Zynthian, but I can’t seem to do it. Is it possible? Can someone please explain how? Thank you! :sunglasses::ok_hand:

You probably want to start with the concept of MIDI Learning in the Zynthian world.

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_User_Guide_-_V1/V4#MIDI-learning_.2F_binding

This allows you to intelligently map external MIDI controllers to parameters within the individual chains which can frequently get you going without having to load any form of specific driver. But, switches on full sales pitch voice) if you do want to write a driver, you now can !!!

2 Likes

What I want to know is whether it is possible to assign actions from my MIDI controller, just as I do with my desktop keyboard…

In webconf INTERFACE-MIDI Options, enable Advanced View and click on the “…” button below “Master Key Actions”. You can assign MIDI note values but not CC.

If I had seen it, then can’t I assign the CC buttons on my controller to some Zynthian actions? For example, open the sequencer, open the main mixer, etc?

For this, you have to program a control driver. With control drivers you can do what you want and also send feedback (LEDs) to the controller. In other words, you have full control over how the controller interacts with zynthian.You will find examples in the zyngui/ctrldev folder inside zynthian-ui repository

2 Likes

IN which branch … chain_manager…? cos it doesn’t sem to be there in github, in their web vsc

No! Please stay away from chain_manager branch unless you have a full suit are armour. It is very volatile and very diefferent. Controller device manager is in the testing branch.

Yes, I can vouch for that…

It’s ok on the cajon, but it doesn’t like the 1820.