Is it possible to try out zynthian with just a raspberry pi (and a hifi hat)?

I have several sound cards laying around. I’ve got a chinese copy of the hifiberry dac+. Unfortunately that sounded… less good. That thing works amazingly well with volumio though. It’s put new life to my old stereo.

I’m fairly happy with the UCA-202 and the raspberry pi and 7 inch rpi 2015 screen for now. It’s ok when it comes to sound and latency. If there is interest for it, I’ll trouble shoot further and post the result. Right now I’ve just been relaxing with playing some piano. (Good stress relive for sure)

While functional for now, I’ll definitely want a more elegant setup. As far as I understand there is no Zynthian case suitable for the rpi4 yet?

1 Like

No case as yet but several examples of modifying existing cases to take a Pi4. I do not know but suspect much effort is going on in this direction … . .

Any chance of a sound sample of what you’ve achieved … ? :face_with_monocle:

It would be interesting to compare the recorded output of the zynth with the chinese clone recorded manually, to get some idea of the defficiencies . .

How long has the UCA-202 stayed up for?

Well USB audio (behringer UCA-202) seems to be working for me on zynthian-ceed.local!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: