Is it possible to update the available MOD devices?

Hello Jofemodo and thank you for all your hard work on this marvelous device that I’ve been exploring all weekend. i’ve been learning more about Pure Data, and Ronsum and I are trying to figure out what is the problem i’m having with uploading PD patches to my zyn. When we get it figured out I’ll be happy to post our discoveries, and some sound samples.

i am also quite fascinated by the MOD UI and its possibilities. My next goal is to figure out how to use its internal CV devices to modulate parts of the FX chain.

I have a question I wanted to ask you privately, because this is an open source platform and what you do is a labor of love.

I was looking for a shimmery reverb, and I noticed that there’s something called the Bollie Delay in the MOD devices “shop.” It looks like something I’d be interested in. But I don’t think it’s available on the Zyn. Is it possible to update the Mod device list, and perhaps include new ones?

If the answer is “no” or “not right now” or “that’s complicated,” or if it has to do with intellectual property or whatever, that’s fine, i’m fine with that. This is why I wanted to ask you privately.

Take care and have a good week and be safe. Thank you for all that you do.

Christian

1 Like

Hi @exiannyc!

We add new plugins to zynthian list quite often, so simply ask the community, or directly create a “feature request” on the issue tracker:

Thanks!

1 Like

BTW, the Bollie Delay is free software, so i would bet that it will be available for zynthian very soon, ranging from a few hours and a few days … jejeje!

Regards,

2 Likes

Because @jofemodo is a machine generally the answer is the answer is, in this order, “not right now”, “that’s complicated,” “now update your zynthian”.

3 Likes

I must say that @Baggypants is really fast creating install recipes … :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the guidance!