Just bought the kit

Here’s the Zynthian Configuration screen converted to plain text.

Is this the latest build version?
Build Date: 2020-09-05

Does ‘notouch’ disable the touch screen?
dtoverlay=piscreen2r-notouch,rotate=270

I haven’t had time for a complete teardown. I tried a new install, and it flashed ERROR, but then went on to install.

ZynthConfig.txt (1.0 KB)

Hope this is helpful.

No. That’s OK. The touchdriver is loaded from /etc/modules. Di you run apt-upgrade? Don’t do it …

Everything seems OK with your config. You have an official v4 kit so you don’t need to change anything. Don’t worry, if touch still doesn’t work, i will send you a replacement ASAP.

Regards,

I’ll teardown and doublecheck connections, etc. Then try a new install.

Thanks for your conscientiousness and attention to detail. I’m sure that you’re concerned to find exactly what any problem may be. The screen seems to be the most delicate component.

OK, I tore down and found a crack on the screen where the ribbon from the board enters the screen. I ordered a new screen, because there is no way to tell if I cracked it, or if it came from the factory.

Everything else is working.

I see that the full kits are sold out. Good news! The more, the merrier.

1 Like

Still waiting for the new screen. Learning how to record. The first is internal from PD, the second is audio from my ‘Walpurgis’ Combi. Procol Harum or rather Matthew Fisher [Fischer?], the organista who left PH to tour with Leon Russel and Joe Cocker: Mad Dogs and Englishmen.

:face_with_monocle:

I love this thing!

4 Likes

YeeeHah!

The new touchscreen works! But when the fresh SD booted for the first time, there was still a brief ERROR message. Is this because I’m using a 64 GB SD?

My older RP won’t boot from a 64. When I look at the working Zynth SD on Debian disk utility, the partitions are correct, but the RP NOOBS only partially partitions and refuses to boot.

‘Walpurgis’ Combi the little known B side to THX Deep Note ?

This is normal. The error screen is generated on first boot and briefly shown. I will take a look for avoiding this “flash”.

Regards,

Walpurgis is a TRITON Combi I made for Procol Harum style organ, named for the only instrumental, ‘Repent Walpurgis,’ on their first album. ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’ will still get everybody on the dance floor. Their instrumentation was piano, B3, drums, bass, and, last but not least, guitar (Robin Trower, who went solo and had a hit with ‘Bridge of Sighs’). A very innovative band at the time, only matched by The Band.

Good to know. I’m such a perfectionist that little things like that worry me.

I’m using an RP4 to ssh ethernet to the Zynth. And I have full live Debian for ARM7 on the way from Linux Collections (good company, huge inventory, reasonable prices).

Keep up the good work.