Just released Pianoteq 8

Wow!! Thank you very much @riban! Works like a charm :slight_smile:
Just the needed information, short, at sight and not redundant.

I can get used to these very nice presents very quickly. Kudos!

Continue my clickā€¦ I tried to reinstall the 802.7ā€¦ sameā€¦ then I tried with the Rhodes of SFZ and I discovered that it does the same with that tooā€¦ so Pianoteq is innocent ā€¦ Could it be the sound card???

I had no problems installing and using Pianoteq 8.057 (pianoteq_linux_v805.7z) as a regular chain.
However I cannot create an ā€œLV2 instrumentā€ chain using Pianoteq. The menu choice (right below Obxd) is ā€œPianoteq 7 STAGEā€.
Do I need to additionally install version 7 of Pianoteq - i.e. pianoteq_linux_v754.7z? Or do I just need to wait until Pianoteq 8 is supported as an LV2 layer?

PS I had been away from Zynthian for a number of months. I really like the current user interface with the Mixer as the default. This is much more intuitive for me. Thank you!

No. You just need to ā€œsearch for new presetsā€ (or how is the button called). It takes some time. And a reboot, possibly, firstā€¦?

Thank you. This did create a new option in the web interface for adding ā€œPianoteq 8ā€ LV2 presets.
And in the Zynthian UI I am able to create Pianoteq 8 LV2 chains.
But, no matter which preset I choose, when I select that chain and play the sound is an acoustic piano.

So, it ā€œworksā€ in the narrow sense that I can create multiple Pianoteq chains - but it doesnā€™t work as expected.

Using VNC-Engines, both instances of Pianoteq are using the same instrument (Steinway B Improv). I can temporarily fix the problem there (i.e. use the Pianoteq UI to change the instrument) - but this change does not persist on reboot.

PS I reverted to Pianoteq 7.5.4, and the Pianoteq LV2 chains work as expected. So this must be an issue with Pianoteq 8.

Does it mean the pianoteq json api branch is now merged in testing?

Yes!

3 Likes