Keymap to directly select an existing layer

Is there any way to not have to “cycle” through layers via Layer button, but e.g. keymap some Modifier-key + 1-8 num keys to directly switch to a Layer?

2 Likes

+1! I have also wished for this feature.

I haven’t got around to checking if this is similar to an existing feature request, and am full on with work atm, but it might be worth you submitting a new feature request to ensure that the suggestion is given some attention.

1 Like

Good point, guys!

We could extend the current CUIA mechanism for implementing this, but as some of you probably knows, we are considering the implementation of a proper API in the near future. Anyway, you should open a ticket on our issue tracker, so we don’t forget this feature :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @zynthianers!

I just extended the CUIA system with 2 new calls:

• SCREEN_MAIN (it was missing!!!)
  • LAYER_CONTROL %i

The second one allows to change the active layer and switch to control screen , but it’s not mapped to the keyboard yet. You can access it by:

• OSC
  • MIDI

Check the updated documention:

Kind regards,

3 Likes

The wiki says that LAYER_CONTROL will be accessed via midi by note E7. But just say the key, how do I send the layer number, in the velocity value of the note? I’m trying to send the note E7 with the speed varying between 1 and 8 through channel 16, but the screen isn’t changing the layer.

1 Like

I forgot to merge the commit that included the MIDI mapping to the new CUIA. Please, update and test again (testing branch, of course!).

Regards,

1 Like

I did the update, but the only layer command that showed change on screen and midi feedback was SWITCH_LAYER_SHORT.
Do I have to run some manual script to update the CUIA options?