Kit v2 jst midi pinout

Hi everybody, Anyone can provide me the pinout of the midi connectors of my allinone module, because midi in wont work. Mcp23017 seem to be work and my i2s pcm5102 too ive check my solders 2 times :sweat_smile:

My custom kit is:
Allinone module board
rpi 3b
Waveshare 3.5 v2
Pcm5xxx i2s soundcard
Ans ive the Last update

Ive dont soldered jst connectors because my local supplyer cant have theses :expressionless:

I think ive fond the right pinout with this scheme,the led work when i move my midi controller but i cant see any activity in “tty midi in log”.
Midi in tty is set in the options
i notice, the midi output donk work too, and the midi output led is always on.
Anyone can help me ? :sweat_smile:

Hi , ive Tried to put the optocouplers like the installation guide(red cross),but it smell and the board was hot
Anybody can help me ?

Hi, I have not assembled this board, but if you have inverted the components you may have burned something… I hope not.
Optoisolators have a sign that indicates pin 1 and it is this:
5e81bc229f8dc5ebcb8cafc460612da79b2c4730_2_999x750

Same thing in the other bigger integrated (MCP23017?) But I see that it is being seen by the terminal (20).
Double-check the welds for Short circuit.

This seems right

1 Like

Desoldering these can be a pain. The trick is to get all the solder on one side melted which , counter intuitively is best done by soldering a wire or bit of braid across all three pins, If one has popped it’s probably acting as a sacrifice for the other two so don’t take one chip out, get all three…

If you have built the component yourself , Always be aware of the GPIO connector being offset by one row or one column when plugged in. I’ve not smoked a board doing it but it is a possible issue and can save you considerable hardware heartache once you realise that might have happened and it isn’t necessarily something you have errored.

A multimeter, chip sockets and patience are your friends in these situations . . .
And ALWAYS check that the board has the right voltages on the Power pins on the chips…

I tend to sling LED’s on every sub component but that could be just me.