Laser Cutter Case

Hi Zynthianers!

I have been working, with @jofemodo collaboration, in a new case for laser cutter with the goal of bringing to the community an unexpensive and easy-to-build alternative to the aluminium case. The design is inspired in the aluminum case, but it’s more square and also adds an extra MIDI-OUT connector.

Here is the result:

And the source files:

https://github.com/zynthian/zynthian-case/tree/master/laser-cutter

I have little experience with this kind of design tasks, but i had a lot of fun doing it. I hope you improve the design and share with us.

4 Likes

Hello!

A few weeks ago I built my laser-cutter-case Zynthian. I made some improvements to be able to close and service my Zynthian. Before I built the case I sprayed the parts several times with a transparant varnish.
First of all I glued bottom, right side, front and rear. Then I glued two woodstrips ( 7 x 7 mm) at the top panel:

With two screws (left and right side) it’s possible to close the case:

Regards,

Leo

6 Likes

This is quite neat!

Do you have any recommendations for someone without a laser cutter? I’ve googled a bit, there may be maker spaces here in Stockholm/Sweden with one but it seems like a hurdle, but I suppose a one-off job at some workshop is rather expensive typically.